• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I find its best to stop by on my way to work I the morning. Tuesdays and Wednesdays work best.

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I'm shocked how difficult it has been to find any 22lr ammo. When I did find it it was going for $0.11 a round (mini mags) and I can only buy 2 100 round boxes. WTF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What is the reason for the shortage of .22lr ammo specifically... i don't understand it. I could understand this occuring with .223/556 ammo because of the media and potentiel bans. but why .22lr?? doesn't make sense.. i only have about 600 rounds and i'm not touching it untill i start to see a couple boxes hit the shelves..

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    On a good day CCI only makes 4 million rounds. That was before they went 24/7.

I don't like to go to "Mega-low_Mart" but I went today and stopped at the bullet case and there was one box of 243 and 12 guage shells. They did have four boxes of rimfire 17HMR at 14.97 per 50. Pendleton Pike "Mega-Low_Mart". you could get 3 boxes of shells per person per day.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I try an stop by my local WM atleast once a day, and have yet to see any 22lr of any kind. I just hope the crazyness over the 22lr will calm down. My GF like shooting the 22's an Id like to keep her going to tthe range as well as myself. But I refuse to pay those retarted prices for 22lr.

You have any once fired .223 brass.I'll trade some .22 for some. Pre panic prices for mine if yours is also. Let me know. I could meet you in Clarksville.

Like to have atleast 1k it make it worth the trip. Just a thought.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Not to be jerk, but how do you guys not have a deep stack of 22LR? It's cheap to lay up when on sale and doesn't take much room. I have been shooting mostly 22LR since the scare, but using GUNBOT I found a great price on Aguila a few weeks ago and had another 3k rounds delivered to the house.

Save your money, wait for the non-gouging suppliers to get some in and buy in bulk.

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I haven't shot a single round since the BS started, but I find my self looking for ammo anytime I'm in a place they sell it in normal times. Unless it's shotshells or big caliber rifle i haven't found much available.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Not to be jerk, but how do you guys not have a deep stack of 22LR? It's cheap to lay up when on sale and doesn't take much room. I have been shooting mostly 22LR since the scare, but using GUNBOT I found a great price on Aguila a few weeks ago and had another 3k rounds delivered to the house.

Save your money, wait for the non-gouging suppliers to get some in and buy in bulk.
    a bunch of us have semi-automatic 22lr rifles and aguila is not know at least by my experiences to cycle well. it is great in a bolt action but will not eject out of a semi-auto rifle well enough to spend money on it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA

3K is like one day with the kids and grand kids over. I try to keep 20k on hand. With the current situation I'm at half that and haven't seen a single box at any price in 3 months when I'm out shopping. Of course I don't live in town so I don't get to the store as often as a lot of people.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Top Bottom