• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    After at least 50 YouTube videos, I decided to jump off the deep end and bought a Ruger LCP II 22lr. Yep, it’s a mouse gun. I do like the feel and build of the little thingy. Haven’t had the chance to shoot yet (tomorrow at Tim’s) so can’t comment on reliability. From all the stuff out about just about most 22’s, they are choosy on what you feed them. Jazzed about the price of 22lr ammo though. Saturday morn at Cabellas, $43 for 700, yes, 700 rounds. So gonna drop 200 tomorrow. Little sucker comes with a pocket holster that fits my sweats and I cant even tell I’ve got it in my pocket. It really opens up carry opportunities that don’t exist with my Glocks.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    hope you like it. I have an LCPI in 380 that I use for pocket carry. I only bought it because it was used at a gun shop for less than $200, and I was in the market for a summer shorts pocket carry gun. If I had a do over, I'd just buy the 22lr and not add the extra caliber. I have 5 rounds left of 380 right now.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'd be interested to hear more from you after you've shot it, in terms of how does it run, and I believe this has a safety, does it not? So how much of a PITA is that...etc.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Ok, did 100 rounds of CCI Blazer, 40gr, no problems. Next load was Herter’s 40gr, 1300fps. It did not work with the Herter’s (unspent cartridge stuck in chamber, time and again). Shop owner(?) helped unjam said in all likely hood, the gun doesnt like high velocity ammo (the Blazer is 1235fps). So, my next action is to do what I watched a guy on youtube do-he had the same problem and used Wilson Combat Gun Bore Polish on his LCP and it ran flawlessly from then on with a variety of ammo. I’ll let you know...

Top Bottom