Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Katie Britt republican rebuttal…….. her whispering and faux emotion…… was not very easy to watch. was like she was reading a book to a kindergarten class.
    I mean, there are millions of people that believe all the things fjb said, so was she really wrong? They can't be smarter than a bunch of kindergarteners.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I cannot remember feeling safer or less safe under any president from Kenedy to Biden. Feeling safer is more of a local situation.

Apparently, under Trump the GDP had its lowest growth rate. There are numerous factors nationally and globally that affect the economy.
    and what was the actual inflation rate? What about the fact that we had the entire country shut down for a scamdemic? Oh... right. Orange man bad.

Lets look at that year by year, shall we?
    https://www.macrotrends.net/global-...nited--states/gdp-growth-rate#google_vignette
    1709929562580.png
    First three years Trump averaged 2.49%, first 4 years of Obummer was .99% average. His first year in office saw a 2.6% decrease. So your quote is extremely misleading and missing vital information... which is a typical leftist tactic.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Lets look at inflation rates.

1709929807716.png
    Now, I'm not a rocket surgeon but I did stay in a Holiday Inn express. 2024 was 3.4%, but that averages out to 5.4% inflation over the last 3 years. Under Trump? 1.9%. That's almost TRIPLE the inflation we had with the bad orange man in office. Pretty sure pay and growth rates didn't triple.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I am not arguing for or against any candidate. I just think that there are more variables than who the President happens to be. Ph.D. economists cannot agree on causes, effects, or policies. I am not going to waste my time trying to do evaluations and predictions.

We could probably go to some liberal site and find postings about how terrible Trump was for the economy and how wonderful Biden is for it.

I will not make an idol out of either one.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I am not arguing for or against any candidate. I just think that there are more variables than who the President happens to be. Ph.D. economists cannot agree on causes, effects, or policies. I am not going to waste my time trying to do evaluations and predictions.

We could probably go to some liberal site and find postings about how terrible Trump was for the economy and how wonderful Biden is for it.

I will not make an idol out of either one.
    It really doesn't take a phd to figure out that shutting the country down for a year will give you a large loss in GDP. If you can't see that then you are willingly blinded.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I didn't watch/read it.
    Minus her emotionless reply was it any good?
    It wasn’t emotionless…….. it was like highly emotional hard to explain. Imagine dadsmith in preschool and your librarian reading you a story about a dog dying. You have to hear it to understand lol

And no it was word salad.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    My thoughts on the SOTU speech? Language warning!!

Off the subject, just watched that two nights ago on tv. Now don't get me wrong the unedited version is more lively, but man that is such a good movie! I would say if I had to make a top 10 list that would easily be in the top five for sure. Absolutely timeless!

Top Bottom