• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Anyone have experience with .25 ACP ammo. Seems very expensive now. Is this ammo effective for personal protection?

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    .25 auto has been pricey for a while. It's just not common enough to be made cheaply, I guess.

As to it's usefulness in self defense, most people consider it under-powered. Most would relegate it's use to a BUG. It's better than nothing, but if you have a choice, I'd go a little bigger.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. Thats what I've been hearing. Sounds like the .380 is a better choice for personal protection with a small hand gun. I've heard the .22 LR is not very accurate because its a rimfire round and is better used in a long gun. I really like the small guns that use the .25 auto ...yet I see that there utility is probably limited.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    You didn't learn anything in the other thread you posted in about the .25acp?
    Needed to start a new one because?

His other thread was primarily Baby Browning with a secondary question on 25 auto. Maybe the guy wants to get more input on 25 auto per se. With 25 auto in the thread title he will likely get more replies with respect to that in particular.
    Did you ever think of that or are you now the thread police of ingo????

As for 25 auto - it is more expensive due to there being less demand for it - pure and simple.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    His other thread was primarily Baby Browning with a secondary question on 25 auto. Maybe the guy wants to get more input on 25 auto per se. With 25 auto in the thread title he will likely get more replies with respect to that in particular.
    Did you ever think of that or are you now the thread police of ingo????

As for 25 auto - it is more expensive due to there being less demand for it - pure and simple.

Wow, sorry I got you all upset. My point is that there are at least three other threads about how bad a stopper the .25acp is already on here and he is asking the same thing, excuse me for getting you all worked up, go have some coffee and take a deep breath my friend:ingo:.

Top Bottom