• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

This isn't to start a panic, this is to double check your preps...

I'm lucky, I can work from home and walk to get food. So as long as water/power are still good and there's someone to buy from. Otherwise, that's why I'm going through my preps now.

The depleted supplies occur because of maintenance season at many refineries and pressures from the Russian invasion of Ukraine. However, two ships carrying 1 million barrels of diesel are slated to arrive in New York, while a Pennsylvania refinery belonging to Delta Air Lines is returning from seasonal maintenance.

Inventories in the northeastern United States, where more residents burn fuel for heating than any other part of the country, are at less than one-third of usual seasonal levels. The diesel shortage comes after the Energy Information Administration said last week that the average household primarily using natural gas for space heating will likely spend $931 on power from October to March, marking a $206 increase since last year.

With a greater energy density than other liquid fuels, diesel enables the majority of shipping activity in the United States via semitruck and train, as well as large shares of military and farming activity. The national average cost of diesel fuel is presently $5.33 per gallon, according to data from AAA.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

By the way. It is a 20 day supply now.

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Between this and the delayed until after the midterms railroad strike, things could get ugly. I've been making sure we have purchased ahead and built up our preps a little more over the last few months. Trying to convince my liberal daughter 100 miles away to do the same is a battle but she is opening her eyes a little finally. At least she keeps her car half full and has enough gas in her garage to fill it up and get to our place.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

By the way. It is a 20 day supply now.
    If I read the original article correctly, the 25-day (now 20-day) forecast was for the East Coast region, not the Midwest. Am I mis-reading the situation?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you don't stop doomsturbating, you'll go blind.

They said that 22 days ago and I'm waiting for the end if diesel fuel. It's raised only about 75 cents in my area since that announcement. So are they wrong or way off?

Tomorrow is diesel fuel doomsday if you go by the Epoch times article date.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They said that 22 days ago and I'm waiting for the end if diesel fuel. It's raised only about 75 cents in my area since that announcement. So are they wrong or way off?

Tomorrow is diesel fuel doomsday if you go by the Epoch times article date.
    Thanks to some timely imports(From India via Russian crude and Iraq both refined diesel very likely that do not meet US standards,work fine for heating oil though) along with the 2 ships redirected from the EU to the USA(one Saudi the other actually from the USA),and refineries running at 107% our inventory has increased over last months levels. Not by much though. There are still some spot shortages at some delivery terminals on the east coast. Currently supply is 25.4 days.

Top Bottom