• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Goodness, how time flies! I remember that day quite well, as it was a rather happy one for me. I got to see the country of some old friends, (and a girlfriend) regain its freedom. Things have been pretty tough for the former East Germany and they still haven't entirely recovered from being ruled by the communists there and in the USSR, but there's no doubt they're a lot better off than they were. My friends are certainly better off and they aren't forbidden from corresponding with me, as they were for many years. Here's to many more years of freedom and increasing prosperity to them all!

Berlin Wall falls 25 years ago this weekend - Chicago Tribune

And here's the story of a real hero. The man who opened the gates and ended things as they were.

The Man Who Disobeyed His Boss And Opened The Berlin Wall : Parallels : NPR

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was in Berlin in the early '70's a few times, very powerful visual even for a kid on a Boy Scout trip! The King Tut exhibit was B-o-r-I-n-g but Checkpoint Charlie was way cool!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I personally chiseled many pieces of that wall apart. We were there the summer after it came down. It was striking to see the west berlin side covered in graffiti and the east berlin side perfectly clean.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Tear Down this wall!!

25 years ago today. East and west Berlin became just One. Funny how weakness in one president doesn't make thugs kneel. But strength in another, 25 years ago makes walls tumble and empires fall to their knees! Where's Hasselhoff when ya need him?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I remember the day well. It was exciting to see. Today's youth have a totally different perception of the soviet union. Living during the cold war gives you a different perspective I think. Living threw the times of learning duck and cover in school. I am glad to see the wall down.

But Putin would like it back up. He remembers the days when the world feared Russian. The glory days. The next few years will be interesting, that's for sure! Obama will give him a free pass. So will the UN. Putin doesn't fear sanctions. He welcomes it. It will make Russian self reliant (in his eye's). Time will tell.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I remember the day well. It was exciting to see. Today's youth have a totally different perception of the soviet union. Living during the cold war gives you a different perspective I think. Living threw the times of learning duck and cover in school. I am glad to see the wall down.

But Putin would like it back up. He remembers the days when the world feared Russian. The glory days. The next few years will be interesting, that's for sure! Obama will give him a free pass. So will the UN. Putin doesn't fear sanctions. He welcomes it. It will make Russian self reliant (in his eye's). Time will tell.

Well said.

Top Bottom