• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Anyone seen any .268 bullets available anywhere? I reload for 6.5x52 carcano and hornady use to make a .268 soft point bullet.
    But no luck finiding them anymore, curious if anyone reloads similar and had leads

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Check with Steinel Ammo. They specialized in old rounds. I had some 7.35 Carcano made by them early last year, but be prepared for a wait because I waited around 4 months to get mine.

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Had not heard of them before, they do appear to have the correct bullets. But only thing in stock is a 160gn cast bullet.
    Dont think i trust pushing that thing too fast for rifle speeds

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Speer and PPU are the only two who still make .268 bullets. If you can find them buy them. If you have lee dies you can taper crimp .264 bullets but do expect great accuracy from the old warhorse If she has loose barrel.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    We usually have .268 bullets available at the store. I don't see any on the shelf right now, but I know we have another case of them coming on the truck in about a week and a half. They are PPU 139 grain fmjbt. The price will be $29.91 plus tax per bag of 100.
    It will probably be more like two and a half weeks until I can get to the bullets. We are getting seven or eight pallets of stuff and I'm sure it will take me at least a week to go through everything, and the bullets are always on the bottom of pallets.

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Speer and PPU are the only two who still make .268 bullets. If you can find them buy them. If you have lee dies you can taper crimp .264 bullets but do expect great accuracy from the old warhorse If she has loose barrel.
    That makes sense, seems hard to find.
    And this old gun isnt bad, i can usually hold about a 4" group at 100yards. Good enough for what i do

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    We usually have .268 bullets available at the store. I don't see any on the shelf right now, but I know we have another case of them coming on the truck in about a week and a half. They are PPU 139 grain fmjbt. The price will be $29.91 plus tax per bag of 100.
    It will probably be more like two and a half weeks until I can get to the bullets. We are getting seven or eight pallets of stuff and I'm sure it will take me at least a week to go through everything, and the bullets are always on the bottom of pallets.
    And okay, if you happen to get to them shoot me a message. I would be interested in at least 100 if you can ship them. Im out of south bend.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    And okay, if you happen to get to them shoot me a message. I would be interested in at least 100 if you can ship them. Im out of south bend.

We still aren't shipping anything right now. I might be able to make an exception for one item if you aren't in a hurry and I could drop them off at the post office when I'm in town. I'll let you know when they come in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Graf & Sons appears to have them now, not sure how that price is. They are the PPUs

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Graf & Sons appears to have them now, not sure how that price is. They are the PPUs

I saw those, might get a pack. Really looking for soft point stuff though

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    We usually have 123 grain SPRN in stock as well, but I was unable to find any on the shelf and our distributor is out of stock as well for the moment. I'll order more when they are available. It's also possible that they got covered up by something else. I'll try to dig around when I have time and see if I can find any at the store or in the gun show inventory.
    If you can't find any and just need some ammo for hunting, I believe we still have loaded ammo that is SP. I think it's $23.37 plus tax for 20 rounds.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Holy **** they actually have em.

Thought those went extinct. Up 10cpr though...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I found one place on line for the Hornady soft points that wanted a bit more than $88 per 100

That seemed a bit steep for a non-technical pill

Top Bottom