• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    That's pretty awesome. The car is definitely very traction limited in the first 3 gears. And you gotta love the HUGE Brembo brakes!!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Clearly, that was impressive...

What REALLY impresses me, is that type of ridiculous speed over a paved surface was already done 26 years ago, with a total street car, using archaic technology in comparison. Only 16 MPH difference from then to now. :wow:

Callaway Corvette twin turbo Sledgehammer reaches 254.7mph - YouTube

Just goes to show the class of guys like Call away and Lingenfelter and their teams!

I had forgot about the sledgehammer till you brought it up, most impressive car ever! This was before the days of LS motors and simple tuning!

I will say you must realize just how hard those last 20mph are! It simply takes insane amounts of power to punch that big of hole in the air!

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    saw the video on facebook a day or so ago, pretty crazy. I would love to be a passenger , definitely not a driver , but I would go for a ride.

Whoa! I can't believe you would trust someone else with your life at that speed! If it were me I'd definitely want to be driving because I trust myself more than anyone at that speed. I'm not saying I'm a pro driver by any stretch of the imagination but no one is hardly a pro at 270mph. If I'm going that fast I want to be in control.. I guess I'm just very untrustworthy of others lol.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Whoa! I can't believe you would trust someone else with your life at that speed! If it were me I'd definitely want to be driving because I trust myself more than anyone at that speed. I'm not saying I'm a pro driver by any stretch of the imagination but no one is hardly a pro at 270mph. If I'm going that fast I want to be in control.. I guess I'm just very untrustworthy of others lol.

I don't think you realize the skill the pros have when driving at those speeds, something as simple as a upshift or lifting the throttle can make the car loss control, I have seen many cars loose it during the Texas mile and other road races as well as at the salt flats, the ride seems to be the scariest once you are ready to lift the throttle, seems to really upset the car.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't think you realize the skill the pros have when driving at those speeds, something as simple as a upshift or lifting the throttle can make the car loss control, I have seen many cars loose it during the Texas mile and other road races as well as at the salt flats, the ride seems to be the scariest once you are ready to lift the throttle, seems to really upset the car.

very true, these guys make it look easy. no doubt this guy had a lot of practice runs getting close to max speed to see how it handled at that speed range. would be a hell of a ride for damn sure! much respect!

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    image_zpse3ab90e0.jpg

thats nothin'
    I did 316 mph on a train

Top Bottom