28 Years Ago Today, a Chair Made History....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    BobKnightChair01_zps0e47ed4f.jpg

Love or hate him, no one in Indiana history has matched his success. Knight was brilliant and he was flawed....like everyone else. We were very fortunate to have him.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Probably the singular event that all non-IU fans most vividly remember about Bobby Knight and by extension, IU basketball.

He certainly was as entertaining as he was a coach.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Lucky? The guy literally abused his players, it saddens me to realize what people will overlook as long as someone is winning.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I miss that guy!! Not only produced quality players, but produced quality young men. Very high graduation percentage .

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I guess you never knew how racist he actually was in public. IMO he should have been run out of town long before he was. I personally seen him call a person of color a Stupid ******, because his order was night right. Mexican restaurant in Ellittsville. I was at a business lunch, and was ashamed to even be in the same room with him.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    You say that like the young men signing up had no idea what kind of coach he was. That would be like complaining about a drill sergeant being mean.

This^^. Bob Knight demanded an incredible amount of effort from his players. Those that were up to the task excelled. Those that weren't whined and usually left. But he was every bit as loyal to his players as what he demanded. Do a little research on Landon Turner. He was just the tip of the iceberg. But you never heard the good things Bobby did. He wasn't into that type of publicity. I have lots of family and friends who went to IU (none of them bball players.) Almost every one of them has a heart-warming story about Knight.

Top Bottom