Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    An observation:

The app finds the businesses around me just fine, as discussed above. However, if I move the map to a different location, the app doesn't seem to want to update the businesses at the new location.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Perhaps a code for the free upgrade on those of us who own or run business that are 2A friendly?

or

I could not be a cheapass and just buy it???

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    An observation:

The app finds the businesses around me just fine, as discussed above. However, if I move the map to a different location, the app doesn't seem to want to update the businesses at the new location.

Yeah it's designed to work around your current location. I'll put your feedback into the ring and see what the discussion churns out :):

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I dunno where you got that statistic but you're sadly mistaken. While android is growing, iOS has android beat in market share...

CLICKY

Apple fanboi's, they hate to admit that while they was the king, Apple was raking in the profits, Android has been making huge strides.

Windows Phone Strengthens*Third-Place*Position Against iPhone, Android - Forbes

Android and iOS Combine for 92.3% of All Smartphone Operating System Shipments in the First Quarter While Windows Phone Leapfrogs BlackBerry, According to IDC - prUS24108913

IOS is no longer the defacto "Run To" Smartphone/Tablet and has had their butt handed to them by the Android platform over the last year.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Downloaded last night and updated most of the flags in my area. This definitely has a lot of potential and is easy to use. My only complaint is the lack of rated businesses but that's no fault of the creator's. It'll just take time and lots of contributing members to be something I can use as tool to vote with my wallet.

Henktermatt, what's the difference between the +P version and the free version?

+P: ability to leave comments with ratings, no ads, more participation points, and more features in the pipeline.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I don't know what language using to code the program but I know in JavaScript you can add these lines to bypass the 20 destination limit.

counter = 0,
    timer = setInterval(function () {
    createMarkers(map, postcodes);
    counter++
    if (counter3 === postcodes.length) {
    clearInterval(timer);
    }
    }, 1000);

The CreateMarkers() function is where the markers are created from an Array.

So after each postcode has been geocoded and applied to the map the script waits 1 second and then continues with the next postcode.
    But I don't know how this reacts with the new gmaps for iPhone.

I'm no programmer, but I like the sound of this, lol :):

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    How do I suggest a business be listed? The MC Sports in bloomington has a sign at the front door explicitly stating that they allow cc and oc of handguns by people with ltch. That's kind of awesome.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    How do I suggest a business be listed? The MC Sports in bloomington has a sign at the front door explicitly stating that they allow cc and oc of handguns by people with ltch. That's kind of awesome.

People list the business themselves from the App. If its near me, I could look it up and list it for you too

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    How do you program the GPS? It says my iPad is incapadable because I don't have GPS.

Yeah- doesn't work on mine either. As I understand it, there were some hoops to jump thru to get it on the ipad that we could not afford at this time. :dunno:

Top Bottom