• IronHorseman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Fort Branch
    E-mail message

Subject: Just a little contemplating
    *** Watching the news accounts about the top*three knot heads running for president of America, I can't help but conclude that those blind little sheep standing behind them waving their appropriate signs aren't announcing their support as much as they are proclaiming their determination to drag this country to it's knees.
    *** Personally, I don't think there's a dimes worth of difference between Clinton, Obama and McCain.* It's anyone's guess on who they will choose for their Cabinet positions.* So as far as gun owners go our ride is about over.
    *** Things may change and it will be interesting to see what developments may come about.* Will there be increased efforts at the federal level to implement more gun control?
    *** Will the state races change the complexion of their legislatures to harmonize with federal legislation to promote stricter gun laws or repeal the pro gun accomplishments that have been made over the past 8 years?
    *** If ammo, certain types of firearms and accessories for those firearms become banned from future production will the greed of so many in the industry like dealers, importers and manufacturers overcome their sense of decency?
    *** In some cases it's a food chain thing for your local gun shops.* The price increases start at the manufacturer and are passed on down through the distributors to the local gun shop owner.* We understand this process.* It's the intentional over*inflated pricing I'm talking about.
    *** We've seen this happen during the 1994 Crime Control Bill where every item that was banned, the price was jacked up two or three times the price.
    *** Some may claim it a matter of supply and demand.* That may be, but I recall seeing stacks of M1A mags on the tables of dealers at gun shows with price tags as high as $70.00 when before the ban the cost was around $20.00.
    *** There was no shortage.* At any gun show we attended there were plenty of them on the tables, it's just that those dealers was going to milk every nickel they could get out of them.* It wasn't a matter of a fair profit, it was greed.
    *** My point is that in times of distress will those who should be on our side do what they can to continue to supply those who were loyal patrons and customers during the good times with the products they need at a fair price or will they make things just as prohibitive as the laws that may be passed?
    *** I hope that those who live in America take advantage of the Second Amendment in our Constitution and own the firearms of their choice.* I also hope that those who exercise that Right will help their fellow patriotic Americans share in that liberty.*
    *** One of the things would be to participate in our Heritage Shoots this year.* The first one will start on Saturday,*March 29th at 10:00 AM at the West Side Sportsman's Club located just west of Evansville on Peerless Rd.
    *** On the handgun training being offered by Steve Calvert, we are planning to hold that program on Saturday, May 10th.* We had so many sign up we will have to have at least two different days for this program because the range this will be conducted at*can only*accommodate about*12 to 15 participants at a time.
    *** We will have a sign up sheet again at our next 2nd Amendment Patriot meeting on March 29th for the handgun training for those who were not present at our Feb. meeting.
    *** Regardless of the outcome of this years elections I hope that those in the circles of the gun community will not divide.
    Take care,
    Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    *** On the handgun training being offered by Steve Calvert, we are planning to hold that program on Saturday, May 10th.* We had so many sign up we will have to have at least two different days for this program because the range this will be conducted at*can only*accommodate about*12 to 15 participants at a time.

Does anyone know if Steve Calvert still based in Bloomington? I probably haven't seen him in a decade, but he used to give courses at his own property in Monroe Co., people who were asking about training in Bloomington might look up this course.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I seem to remember hearing that name when I was at the gun section at MCL sports in Bloomington several years ago

Top Bottom