• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    To answer your question = yes, I really do believe that. And to answer your argumentum ad absurdum, yes I think employers SHOULD be allowed to exercise their natural right to hire and fire whomever they wish, based on any criteria that spring from their own mind.

I feel that the law has overstepped in this arena.

You have all the personal property rights on my property that you have on yours -it's just that I reserve the right to compel you to practice your property rights anywhere else in the world than in the one tiny little piece of property belongs to me. You're free to practice them anywhere else you wish. Others won't let you practice your property rights on THEIR property either? Not my problem. I only control that which belongs to ME.
    True, and the pistol in my car as well as the car itself, does not belong to you:D

I see what you are saying, but here is where I see the difference. Most of us on this forum are gun owners and pro 2a. We all seem to feel strongly about our right to bear arms. When that right has been infringed by, let's say IL, then we get a bit upset about it. We believe it is unconstitutional and an unreasonable invasion of our rights.

Places of business may be privately owned, but they rely on the public at large to serve as employees and patrons. They rely on the police to protect their business and tax payer money to maintain the street in front of them. It's similar to what antsi was getting at.

I don't think that it is fair to compare businesses to other forms of private property (i.e. your house). If you have a business that relies on a public forum, you should not be allowed to take away constitutionally protected rights from your employees and patrons.

Top Bottom