2nd Amendment Rally at Capital - Sat. 1/19 Noon!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Does anyone know how organized this is? Are there any events that are NRA sponsored? I would have thought something would be organized and highly advertised.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    So far, I think this is just a word-of-mouth organizing event. Doesn't matter to me if it is "sanctioned" or not.

BenE84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    This is a planned event as I have read online, the group is Guns Across America, I am not sure of the specific numbers but I have seen posts on facebook of people coming from as far as Ft Wayne

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    There's another rally at the capital scheduled for Feb 8th. Been scheduled for a month now. Wish we could just coordinate so its not just small groups randomly showing up with guns from time to time

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    There is also an event at the fairgrounds scheduled for the same time on Saturday. I'm puzzled why we would have two different events on an Indy 1500 weekend.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Anyone going?

Anyone going to open carry?

Anyone going to brave carrying an "assault weapon" with a "high capacity" magazine locked and loaded?

I may go if I decide to go to see the chaos at the 1500..

TJ

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Do you have any more info about the Rally scheduled for 02/08/13?

To schedule something inside the Capitol call (317)233-3116. Keep in mind guns are NOT allowed in the Capitol with few exceptions. Yes, you would have to go through a security checkpoint (metal detector & bags scanned just like at the airport)

Be aware that on 01/19/13 there will also be a swearing in of an elected position so be ready to have plenty of watchful eyes on you at all times.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hope this turns out better than the open carry in broad ripple event. That guy was a knucklehead and had no business carrying a firearm. I hope someone taught him the benefits of a proper holster.

It's difficult to showcase responsible gun ownership because it happens everyday behind the scenes.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    As of this moment I plan to attend. Will be carrying my P3AT in a pocket holster as usual. Thought about carrying my Vz. 58 but I don't really feel like it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    At the Fourth Amendment Rally in 2011, anyone who was carrying was held back at the sidewalk out in front. Most protests will be held at the State House steps and NOT inside.

If this is a "March", then you will probably be strutting around all the buildings so carry at will but please don't be a "Poster-Boy" for their cause. If you make us all look bad, I will come after you myself.

The Rally on the 19th is the big one you need to be at because it is also being done in most all the other states as well. :patriot:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This doesn't appear to be well-organized. If it were, there would be someone obtaining permits, publicizing it well and having buses available and/ or parking designated. If a bunch of bubbas show up and cause trouble, it could really hurt more than help our cause.

Looks like I couldn't have been more wrong. It looked like a very positive event for our cause. Thanks for those who participated.

Last edited:

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    If this is a "March", then you will probably be strutting around all the buildings so carry at will but please don't be a "Poster-Boy" for their cause. If you make us all look bad, I will come after you myself.

The Rally on the 19th is the big one you need to be at because it is also being done in most all the other states as well. :patriot:

I got on here to suggest something to this effect. Dress accordingly - consider it church or a job interview. Our best foot forward will work wonders and dispel the "bubba in a pick-em up truck" image they like to paint. Maybe a newspaper will print some pictures if the crowds get large enough. Imagine a front cover story with a bunch of people in sport coats. That's hard to spin!

This might actually sway a few fence sitters, too. Who knows? :twocents:

Top Bottom