• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    This is something I started typing as a facebook post, but as you can see got kind of long for something like that. So I decided to share it here. It's really nothing more than a rant, so you can skip over it if you like.

/rant-on

I fail to comprehend why people (namely democrats) seem to think that the 2nd Amendment was put in place, or is currently in place to protect hunters. I made up my mind in 2010 to get an assault rifle (long before I actually managed to purchase one) after seeing video after the Chilean earthquake where there were a group of men, mostly armed with machetes, trying to guard their neighborhood from looters. A 10 round handgun is great for self defense from 1 or 2 attackers, but situations like the Chilean or Haiti earthquakes, or hurricane Sandy or Katrina, or other natural disasters where emergency responders cannot be at all places at all times and can't even respond to your individual need because on the local triage scale you just don't matter (or the roads are blocked, or whatever likely problem will prevent them in a disaster like those), people need their high capacity weapons. Although I personally do not hunt, and I don't personally know anyone who uses an assault rifle to hunt, I do know of people who use them to legally hunt and have good reason to use a high capacity assault rifle to hunt (wild hog population control in FL and TX for example). But I agree with the general consensus that assault rifles are designed to be able to attack, or defend against, a large(r) number of targets. Most people (hopefully) will not find themselves in a situation where they need to defend their castle, their family, and themselves from hoards and mobs of looters, and rioters running through the street and NEED of a weapon like that. But if I do, I do not want to wave around a 10-round handgun, or even a 10-round AR because the government insists that we as law abiding civilian citizens we don't need anything more than that. I don't NEED the government trying to tell me what I can and cannot do. We already have laws against looting and rioting. We already have laws against gangs and drugs. However, we still have looting, rioting, gangs, and drugs. But when society breaks down, which happens more often than any government would like us to believe. When natural disasters occur, and police and the national guard are pre-occupied dispersing and protecting aide. Whenever the police or other authorities cannot respond, I want to have access to whatever tools necessary to get the job done. If I have a 30 round magazine, a 60 round Surefire magazine, or a 100-round beta mag, I only have to reload a few times, if at all, to put 100 rounds down range to defend my castle as opposed to a 10 round magazine where I have to reload 10 times, and have 5-10 times the opportunity to make a mistake or to have something to go wrong and to be overrun by looters and rioters who have nothing to fear (except me and my guns, since the police cannot respond) and no concern for my life or property.

Let us never forget that the original reason the 2nd Amendment was put in place was to protect us, the citizens and civilians of America, we the people, from the government.

/rant off

As I was typing this, this also came across me facebook newsfeed. I thought I might share it here: The Need for Semi-Automatic "Assault" Weapons - Katie Pavlich - [page]

Thank you for letting me vent.

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    We do not need a reason to keep and bare arms.
    That RIGHT has been granted us with one requirement. That we be well regulated.
    That does not mean regulated by the government with laws and restrictions.
    That meant well armed with plenty of ammo, and well trained with your weapons.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The right to protect ourselves and our loved ones is our God Given Right. Even if the 2nd Amendment did not exist, it would still be there. Our Forefathers were smart enough to put it in writing.

When mankind continues to desolve God's Works here on Earth, all I can say is I feel sorry for them for God is a Vengeful God and He can Kick Ass like no Other.

Oh, and He will too. I just want to be here when He does.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Yeah, as the jackoff (Cuomo) from NY broadcasted through the "one agenda media" he has a shotgun for hunting purposes but nobody needs a high capacity "clip" or the assault rifles that go with them.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The 2A doesn't specificly mention hunting, or muskets, so why do politicians try to make it seem like it does?

Because the 2A is insurance against them.

When a politician says you don't need a 30 round mag, he's really telling you you need several, because of his EVIL.

Top Bottom