• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah EVERYONE shot a 37 but me :rolleyes:
    Doc you were the man. There can be only one...
    The rest of you get ‘participation trophies’, just like mine:D

Anyone get a pic of Gopher DEVOURING that banana?
    I don’t do Facebook but I heard it already had 90,000 likes.

I think there was a 4th with 37 but I'm not sure. I remember there being 3 with 37 then Huff mentioned another which ended up being yours gopher. I could be wrong. My brain hurt as much as my body by that time of the second day.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wish I could have been there to defend my title. I probably could have shot but you guys would have cried foul. The walking boot on my foot ads a lot of stability in standing position.

I'll want that trophy back from Doc next year!

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I wish I could have been there to defend my title. I probably could have shot but you guys would have cried foul. The walking boot on my foot ads a lot of stability in standing position.

I'll want that trophy back from Doc next year!

There will be a few guys (and gals) that will have something to say about that next year Hop! Personally, I'm looking to trade up from the "Tactifail" to the "High Score" trophy!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I believe the High Score was a three-way tie (37/40); the tie-breaker was V hits on the standard USMC dog target. SmileDocHill had a 37-11; I had a 37-4. Anyone recall who the third person was and their score (Rayne, maybe)? I was busy with other stuff at the time and didn't get that info...

For next year, you guys need to seriously up your "tactifail" game! I won the award by merely having a muzzlebrake on my rifle and nothing else. Everyone keeps telling me the damn thing is loud, but it sounds fine to me :):

Nigel, you might consider festooning your rifle with crap so you actually have a chance at winning an award (:shoot: shots fired!). That banana is DEFINITELY coming back next year (it might even be the exact same banana!).

This might rank as the most fun and enjoyable weekend I've had at the range. I met some new folks as well as a bunch of people that I see on a regular basis at RR events. To everyone that participated, thank you all for coming out, basking in the sunshine of a perfect weekend (rain didn't start until we were cleaning up the target boards) and ventilating a bunch of paper. Next year's event will be even better!

Some photos are already up at the Revere's Riders Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitscount/albums/72157699969005532. AAR with more photos and video is forthcoming...
    At the end of the weekend, I think we were all just happy to be able to utilize such a world class facility...:patriot:

I thought a taclight, a 14.5" AR, and an acog was tactical enough to fail at a marksmanship event lol. Major fail on my part was not having a battery in my Acog on the first day lol, dark bdc reticle on dark target was interesting. Next year it's getting another light, a laser, a suppressor, and a sidepod, and... I am surprised how well that rifle did with a 25yd zero and one set of sighters at 100yards prior to the event, and I think that was/is one of the best parts of shooting with you Revere's guys. Getting to try out and really test my gear, and try to remember that rifle 125 class from last year in a low stress environment was so much fun.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I had 26 hits on that target of mine. 10 were mine. One of you two missed a couple. :):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Ha! I never cross shot on accident. Mine was well calculated. You’re welcome Hop.

I had 26 hits on that target of mine. 10 were mine. One of you two missed a couple. :):

Cool story along this lines...
    Doing sighters on Sunday, Rayne and I were shooting next to each other. It was either at the 200 or 300 yard line. 3 shots fired for each of us... I only have one marker on my target! Dooogh! I cross fired. I hear the line boss talking to pit on the coms...
    Rayne's target had 5 shots under 1 marker! GO TEAM REVERE'S RIDERS! Yeah, I crossfired, but all our shots together were still close enough to each other that it didn't matter which holes belonged to which shooter.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Doing sighters on Sunday, Rayne and I were shooting next to each other. It was either at the 200 or 300 yard line. 3 shots fired for each of us... I only have one marker on my target! Dooogh! I cross fired. I hear the line boss talking to pit on the coms...
    Rayne's target had 5 shots under 1 marker! GO TEAM REVERE'S RIDERS! Yeah, I crossfired, but all our shots together were still close enough to each other that it didn't matter which holes belonged to which shooter.

Nice! Just remember that ye who wins is subject to much shenanigans and crossfire.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011

After reviewing the rules, Section II.3(I) specifically states “any person, or persons, found guilty of cross shooting will be disqualified. This applies to all shooting activities including sighters.”
    So with Doc & Rayne disqualified the trophy would ordinarily default to Gopher. Unfortunately both trophies cannot be held by the same individual in any one year (per Section II 13(g)).
    Taking all that into consideration it looks like I’m the winner after all. :rockwoot:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    After reviewing the rules, Section II.3(I) specifically states “any person, or persons, found guilty of cross shooting will be disqualified. This applies to all shooting activities including sighters.”
    So with Doc & Rayne disqualified the trophy would ordinarily default to Gopher. Unfortunately both trophies cannot be held by the same individual in any one year (per Section II 13(g)).
    Taking all that into consideration it looks like I’m the winner after all. :rockwoot:

You forgot the 'hashtag redcoat sleepercell" after this post, or is that showing your hand too early before the uprising to take back the kings land?

Top Bottom