• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The second bay has been out of commission for a week or so now. When will this be back open? It seems like the only issue is hanging tree limbs so this would be very easy to fix. The bays are very popular and having one closed is no bueno.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was over there today and thought it was closed for a class. They'll probably have to find a tree trimmer to clean up the branches.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Timberrrrrr!!!

I was over there today and thought it was closed for a class. They'll probably have to find a tree trimmer to clean up the branches.

I just got home from Thursday Night Trap and was talking to several of the members there about this. I missed the last board meeting but was given to understand that they are going to get estimates to remove both trees in their entirety from the bay. This is both for safety from falling debris and to make room for the new lights they plan to install in the bays. I have a saw capable of and the time to do the job but I am not insured so they (the board) would probably not let me fell them. :dunno: :cool:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Read the website but it did not mention the removal of the trees. I for one would hate to see them go as they offer the only shade whil in the bays. Since they do not receive any breeze I would think that they will get very uncomfortable without a little shade.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Fortunately, printcraft has come up with the perfect solution:

sldhldadj009.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tree is down and has been moved out of the bay entrance as of Saturday 10/19/2013. Many Thanks to Trustee Don!

And was very much appreciated. I was in the north bay earlier today, but someone else was using the south bay. Beautiful day at the range.

Top Bottom