• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnowCountry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    As a citizen of the 2nd District (US House) I must say that I was more than surprised at the NRA's endorsement of our incumbent Joe Donnelly.
    It is true that he has not once voted against the 2nd Amendment, but he has voted for nearly every other big spending freedom grabbing bill that Pelosi, Reid and Obama have forced on the US citizenry.

Donnelly's opponent is Jackie Walorski. She has a lifetime carry license. In fact she co-authored the lifetime carry bill that is now law. She also co-sponsored the Indiana Castle Doctrine bill which protects the rights of Indiana citizens to act in self defense in the face of violent attack whether on the streets, in a car or in their home. When the City of Mishawaka tried to pass an ordinance denying gun licensed carry citizens access to City Hall while in posession, she was their to give vocal opposition and told the city fathers she would break that law if they passed it. She has the endorsement of the Gun Owners of America and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

I have been on the phone and have e-mailed the NRA for two weeks asking them why they chose to endorse Mr. Donnelly and I must say that I have been up against a wall of double speak, form letters and outright "we don't know why." My last e-mail came back "Mail Delivery System, your last e-mail has temporary local problem, please try later." Strange. It worked every other time I sent e-mails.

If Mr. Donnelly is re-elected this year I am going to jump ship to GOA and SAF. I can not understand why the NRA, an organization I have always belonged to and trusted is doing this.

Top Bottom