• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It was my understanding that a guy made some 1911s from a printer that uses metal powder. I think he was charging $10,000 each for them. I read about that maybe a year ago.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Cant keep technology in the dark. Information spreads virally. You name it I can make it. When a ideas time has come it can not be stopped by any army.

I have no doubt it can happen. What I have always countered Kirk with is the legislative side behind it. It is relatively easy to make counterfeit currency (presently cheaper than making a printed gun that functions more than a single shot) yet the market isn't flooded with garage counterfeiters because the penalties are so high and they pursue it so hard. Same thing with full auto weapons. A person with a drill and a file can make many guns full-auto yet if there are people doing it they are being very quiet about it because the penalties are so high and they pursue prosecution so vigorously.

All that needs to happen is the government passing legislation outlawing manufacture of your own gun without a license (see that? It's the "without a license" that is the gotcha) and then regulating the crap out of it and the sheep will fall in line. And it will be gun owners that turn in their friends first as evidenced by the number of people right here on INGO who have said they'd snitch on a gun owner they knew was violating the law, all to demonstrate how we're all law-abiding.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They can try to ban it all they like. People still break the speed limit, they'll still 3d print firearms if they see a need or a want.

When something becomes as easy as breathing, trying to outlaw it is senseless.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Most gun nuts like replacing plastic with metal. Maybe that is going to reverse in the next few years

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    erin2nd
    Top Bottom