• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I suppose I should have qualified that. A small pocket style pistol, isn't going to have the same requirements as a heavy full sized service pistol.

Example....

KELTEC_P32_PISTOL.JPG

KELTEC_P32_BELT_CLIP.JPG

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I have a .380 and a .40. The .380 would be easier to conceal, of course, but it's heavier. I'll just have to "practice" carrying around the house for a while to see which I prefer. Of course, with a purse, the .40 might be the better choice.

Thanks.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'm almost always looking at pockets, ankles and of course waistbands for those little telltale signs.

Actually had an older fellow from out of town approach me at the City-County Building and tell me that he has a 'permit' and a pistol in his pocket. Any other deputy there would have probably proned him out and had him in cuffs. I strongly suggested that he was mistaken, he meant to say he left his gun in the car. It took a moment, but he got my drift....

I remember running into a fellow gunner at an ice cream joint one night. He had on a khaki vest, I had on an untucked Hawaiian shirt. I asked which one screamed GUN louder :) I think his buddy had on a fanny pack :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a question. Do they make holsters that clip onto the belt-line of jeans? I don't wear a belt and would prefer not to. Also, do you have to buy your pants a size larger so that the gun will fit inside?
    (In case you haven't noticed already, I'm new at this.)

W9ZEB pretty much answered that already, so I won't re-hash that, except to say that even IWB you'll want a good belt. 1.5" wide gun belts will fit the belt loops on jeans. I posted some pictures and other info in this thread. Women, unfortunately, have a whole different set of problems with CC due to the radically different (in most cases) style of dress.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Women, unfortunately, have a whole different set of problems with CC due to the radically different (in most cases) style of dress.
    Not to mention that even when you DO find something with belt loops, they generally are really small loops that weren't made to accomodate a decent gun belt.
    Bah. Humbug.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not to detract from what has been said, but there are a lot of people with really crummy judgment and I am not so sure I would want them to carry. I guess it's is pessimistic to say, but I think some folks may never be trustworthy. Just a thought.

Part of living in a free (at least it used to be) society is accepting that people with bad judgement may be carrying guns too. That's the way it works. Until they behave badly, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Part of living in a free (at least it used to be) society is accepting that people with bad judgement may be carrying guns too. That's the way it works. Until they behave badly, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Very true. I certainly don't think we should pass hen-pecking legislation of any type. My statement was more in response to the idea of arming every single citizen. I don't want to restrict anyone, but some folks don't necessarily need to be encouraged in light of their questionable behavior.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Please be sure that you've exhausted every other option of "on body carry" before you elect purse carry. Here's some very good info at Cornered Cat:
    "Should I carry in my purse?"

Thanks. I had completely forgotten about that site.
    There has been quite a bit added since I last checked it out.
    On body does make more sense. And the "lump" factor should be no real problem since I have "middle age spread" - so, who would notice? :lmfao:
    The only real problem I had with the belt was the buckle. But I checked some out and found the contoured (or smaller than the belt) buckle, so no digging into the old "granny gut".

Thanks again for reminding me about that site.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Not to mention that even when you DO find something with belt loops, they generally are really small loops that weren't made to accomodate a decent gun belt.
    Bah. Humbug.

I usually buy men's jeans anyway because the waist is lower and they fit better than women's. (And they are usually more durable)
    At my age, I'm into "function" rather than "fashion" in everything.

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Well if any of you decide you want to stop by sticks and climb the rock wall i'll be there from 1-5 tomorrow... i would find it interesting to try and put a harness on someone who is carrying :lmfao:

-K

(ill be the good looking one with short dark hair)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks again for reminding me about that site.
    No problem! It's a very informative site.
    As for jeans, every place I've worked that has a "business casual" dress code doesn't allow jeans. Dress pants are the ones with the really dinky loops (*If* they have loops at all). It's one of the reasons I've seriously considered a shoulder rig, because up until very recently I've worn blazers quite often.

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    During the summer I usually carry a little Keltec in my right rear pocket, it's opposite of my left pocket with my wallet. I carry the 10-round magazine with the pinkie grip.

If I have pants that have the little key pocket in the right front pocket I carry the 7-round magazine there.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    No problem! It's a very informative site.
    As for jeans, every place I've worked that has a "business casual" dress code doesn't allow jeans. Dress pants are the ones with the really dinky loops (*If* they have loops at all). It's one of the reasons I've seriously considered a shoulder rig, because up until very recently I've worn blazers quite often.

Yeah, I know. I have one pair of dress slacks for special occasions - elactic waist with the tiny loops. They are so uncomfortable! I only wear them to show respect to others.

I am a jeans and t-shirt/sweat-shirt person. I do not own a dress.
    I did wear slacks, however, when I got married. And when I got divorced. :):

Top Bottom