• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Were you working yesterday, at about 6 oclock? My brother and I stopped in, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not. There was a heavy set guy, and another guy working.

Yup, I was the "other guy" The scrawny one with short dark hair. Did you stop and talk to us? I'm trying to remember around that time.. most of yesterday is a blur... 10.5 hours of nutty kids and their parents (no offense Scutter, your daughter was an angel) with no break and it's hard to remember... but yeah it was me... I'm there all day today too... just like the last 3...

in prison or out / adult population
    75,000 / 4,500,000 = 1.6%

vs

Licenses revoked / licensed individuals
    2518 / 279281 = .9%

good number to memorize for those sometimes dificult convorsations with folks who think having a gun means you are a criminal...

-K

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Yup, I was the "other guy" The scrawny one with short dark hair. Did you stop and talk to us? I'm trying to remember around that time.. most of yesterday is a blur... 10.5 hours of nutty kids and their parents (no offense Scutter, your daughter was an angel) with no break and it's hard to remember... but yeah it was me... I'm there all day today too... just like the last 3...

good number to memorize for those sometimes dificult convorsations with folks who think having a gun means you are a criminal...

-K
    No, we didn't stop by. I wasn't sure if that was you or not. I told my brother to walk by with his shirt pulled tight making a more than obvious print. I'm sure it would have caught your attention. :):

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    My package prints whether my shirt is tight or not.

You should see what a climbing harness does for ya... automatic eye catcher for the ladies... ha ha

No, we didn't stop by. I wasn't sure if that was you or not. I told my brother to walk by with his shirt pulled tight making a more than obvious print. I'm sure it would have caught your attention. :):

Feel free to stop any time if I'm not right there i may be around somewhere... the other staff at the wall are "friendlies" so no worries... I have tried to get the two of them to join here... I think they keep losing the web adress when I write it down... but just ask if Kyle... (yes i finally used my name now you'll all stalk and kill me because I gave out info on the net)... is working.

-K

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You should see what a climbing harness does for ya... automatic eye catcher for the ladies... ha ha

Feel free to stop any time if I'm not right there i may be around somewhere... the other staff at the wall are "friendlies" so no worries... I have tried to get the two of them to join here... I think they keep losing the web adress when I write it down... but just ask if Kyle... (yes i finally used my name now you'll all stalk and kill me because I gave out info on the net)... is working.

-K

:lmfao::do2: Keep watching over your shoulder............:eek:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Here are some stats you can have fun firing back at them.

General Death Rates

Cause Number
    Heart disease 710,760
    Cancer 553,091
    Stroke (cerebrovascular disease) 167,661
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases 122,009
    Doctor's negligence 98,329
    Influenza and pneumonia 65,313
    Motor-vehicle 43,354
    Suicides (all kinds, including firearms) 29,350

Firearms (Total)* 28,163
    Suicides 16,586
    Homicides 10,801
    Accidents 776

Accidents (six causes)
    Falls 13,322
    Poison (solid, liquid) 12,757
    Choking on food or other object 4,313
    Drowning 3,402
    Fires, flames 3,377
    Firearms 776

Homicides (all instruments) 16,765

So if my math is right, 5964 Homicides a year were committed that did not use firearms. 12764 Suicides did not involve firearms.

Except for the figure on doctor's negligence, the above information is for 2000 and is taken from National Safety Council, Injury Facts: 2003 Edition

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Here are some stats you can have fun firing back at them.

General Death Rates

Cause Number
    Heart disease 710,760
    Cancer 553,091
    Stroke (cerebrovascular disease) 167,661
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases 122,009
    Doctor's negligence 98,329
    Influenza and pneumonia 65,313
    Motor-vehicle 43,354
    Suicides (all kinds, including firearms) 29,350

Firearms (Total)* 28,163
    Suicides 16,586
    Homicides 10,801
    Accidents 776

Accidents (six causes)
    Falls 13,322
    Poison (solid, liquid) 12,757
    Choking on food or other object 4,313
    Drowning 3,402
    Fires, flames 3,377
    Firearms 776

Homicides (all instruments) 16,765

So if my math is right, 5964 Homicides a year were committed that did not use firearms. 12764 Suicides did not involve firearms.

Except for the figure on doctor's negligence, the above information is for 2000 and is taken from National Safety Council, Injury Facts: 2003 Edition

:rockwoot:Good job!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I carry a Glock 20 with a Galco holster and when I am wearing a under shirt and over shirt - it is invisible - and comfortable.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    3 gunmen In Castleton Mall

Unfortunately too many people are uneducated about gun laws.

"Hey look at the new AK-47 I just bought".

Response: "Is that legal? How much did it cost? Where did you get it?"

The media has bastardized all assortments of guns it's terrible. The normal persons response is just like the little drones in Grand Theft Auto when they see you (the character) with a gun. They put their arms up in the air and run around like idiots going "AHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA".

We need to educate the public. But it will be hard to do.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    You're right. Most folks are afraid of guns. Most folks are afraid of the unknown. Myself included. Guns are very intimidating to people who don't know anything about them. I wouldn't have dreamt of having a gun in my house... until I met my husband (thank GOD!) He taught me the way of the gun gods and now I am converted. I'm a pretty darn good shot too!

I can't wait to get my permit and start carrying. Of course, I have to go buy a handgun first. I suppose I could carry my 12 guage but I'd have to get a bigger purse!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You're right. Most folks are afraid of guns. Most folks are afraid of the unknown. Myself included. Guns are very intimidating to people who don't know anything about them. I wouldn't have dreamt of having a gun in my house... until I met my husband (thank GOD!) He taught me the way of the gun gods and now I am converted. I'm a pretty darn good shot too!

I can't wait to get my permit and start carrying. Of course, I have to go buy a handgun first. I suppose I could carry my 12 guage but I'd have to get a bigger purse!

Spasmo felt the same way until she started taking martial arts. Then it just became another tool.

Top Bottom