• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    What slugs run good in your JM Pro? I've been using Remington Sluggers that I had left over, but they don't work consistently. The bolt will eject the spent round, but the next round stays in the tube and I have to hand cycle to feed the next one. I've had no problems with Gun Club target loads and Federal target loads, so I don't think I have a problem with the gun...........just the slug load that it doesn't like.

I'm wondering what you all are using that consistently functions so I don't have to buy 100 different brands to figure this out. I'm running the 24" barrel version.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    When I was shooting three gun, I picked up some Winchester Lawman slugs. IIRC, they were one ounce slugs at 1225fps. The 930SPX always ran without a hitch. But that was after I sent the gun to Benny Hill to get some work done. Before that it was shoot one, rack the action, shoot, repeat as necessary.

edited due to really NASTY spellcheck!!!

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    With any shotgun it us wise to buy 2-3 boxes of ever popular low recoil slug and test them all for accuracy and reliability.

Fioochi make two really soft versions. 1oz 1145fps, 7/8 oz 1300fps
    Remington makes a 1200 fps
    federal makes a 1150ish fps and a 1325fps
    winchester ranger is another 1200 fps option

Good luck!

blue edge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    With any shotgun it us wise to buy 2-3 boxes of ever popular low recoil slug and test them all for accuracy and reliability.

Fioochi make two really soft versions. 1oz 1145fps, 7/8 oz 1300fps
    Remington makes a 1200 fps
    federal makes a 1150ish fps and a 1325fps
    winchester ranger is another 1200 fps option

Good luck!
    And thats from the man himself

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    not to hijack your thread, but how do you like the jm pro. they feel nice in the store, but I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one.

Jessie, I thought you were a stoeger m3000 man. :yesway: ;) I am following that thread on a different forum. I like them too. the MOA Precision upgrades look outstanding.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Never had any problem with full power remington sluggers on my 930 waterfowl. Sounds like a weak mag tube spring not pushing out quick enough to get past the shell catch in the tube with the faster slugs.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    When I had my JM Pro, it ate everything.

However, all slugs hit low right to POA. I had to buy some after market adjustable sights that bolted on to the vent rib that solved that problem.

That said, I sold the gun because I barely have enough time to shoot USPSA matches and trying to work in the practice for 3-gun was futile.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    Just for what it's worth, I saw quite a few JM Pro failures this year. No hard warnings meant here, just some anecdotal evidence. You might want to speak with some of those that actively run them in 3-gun before purchasing.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    I use Remington Managed Recoil with no failures. I had not thought to try anything else. The only thing it has failed on is extra lite target loads. Birdo is right though, I saw several failures in the few matches I was able to attend. Not sure why, I have heard the older versions had some issues and that some of that has been ironed out. Not sure how true that is.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I must have gotten one of the good ones. So far I have shot it in two 3gun matches and a couple of shotgun side matches, plus practice. Maybe 600 to 700 rounds through it so far.

Results- No jams, 3 failures to fire during practice. After ejecting the rounds and inspecting found a good dent in the primer, ran them through again with no ignition. I am attributing it to the ammo, all three were Winchester.

I also run a lot of Federal through it, the Federal has had no failures at all. Also have run Remington slugs with no issues, maybe 50 to 60 rounds. Not a bad to start for $500 bucks.

I hope it keeps it up, as I plan to use it for my go to shotgun for 3 gun this year! Good luck.

Top Bottom