• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    As many know i am in the LOOOONG process of trying to completely tool up my shop. Just thought i would share that i got 3 of the more important tools today. Feels good to see everything coming together when it takes so many years to get to the point where all of the tools you have accumulated come together to make something complete.

side note. Does anyone know where to buy oderless mineral spirits in bulk? I need 20 gallons and dont want to pay 240 bucks for it from home depot.

1020111235.jpg

1024111358.jpg

Wiltonvise.jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    nice!
    i've been buying power tools from the pawn shop... but i've been kind of picky on them. buying ones that looked well taken care of and not just thrown in the back of who evers pick up truck.

that being said i end up buying plenty of tools new too. im still after the sander like yours pictured... and a lathe.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The lathe will be delivered in about a month. Mill just got wired up today as well. Still need some DRO's though, and TONS more tooling for just the lathe and the mill.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    DRO's? Dielectric resonance oscillators? Wait, we're talking about different stuff here. Still looking for a proper vertical mill myself. Got the sheet metal stuff pretty well covered, though. I'm thinkin some of this stuff needs to be at a negative altitude, though, maybe just me.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I did machine work in a mold shop. It does take a lot of tooling to get up and running. Are you going to get a surface grinder as well?

I have been kicking the idea around but more to just play with one. a small benchtop model just to enjoy it. Floor space is a premium. and there are only a few tasks where it would REALLY come in handy.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does anyone know where to buy oderless mineral spirits in bulk? I need 20 gallons and dont want to pay 240 bucks for it from home depot.

Check out Safety-Kleen, I know at work our Maintenance Dept. buys a lot of their cleaning supplies (acetone, and isopropyl alcohol) from there. Not sure what kind of deals/pricing they have but they usually buy them by the 5 gallon drums.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Mineral Spirits in bulk. Granger? Harbor freight, doubt it. Will ask the Maint. guys, if I think of it tomorrow, they might have an idea. Where did you buy the cleaner?

At work they rent a cleaner, so we don't maintain one. Once upon a time I could have bought many things at company cost, those were the days.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    side note. Does anyone know where to buy oderless mineral spirits in bulk? I need 20 gallons and dont want to pay 240 bucks for it from home depot.

Any idea if the IFD vehicle maintenance folks use the same kind of product?

Perhaps talk to the shop foreman to see if you can get their suppliers information? Buy from the same supplier?

Just a thought.

-J-

Top Bottom