• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Thankfully here in Indy we can avoid the tax by just deducting 3-4% from the tip amount. Even better, don't spend your money at local establishments and instead eat at home and save your cash for more guns and ammo!

You are perfectly free to not eat at restaurants. You do realize that the "Colts tax" is 2% at restaurants, right? Your smaller tips aren't having any effect at all on those that created the tax, only the restaurant staff.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    NFL players are the poster children for the "welfare queen" image. There is no free market rate in the NFL, only a taxpayer subsidized market rate. If all owners had to build their own billion dollar places of business, they wouldn't have the money to pay huge wages.

Welcome to modern capitalism. No one forced Indianapolis to put up the money for the stadium. Would the team leave if they didn't? Perhaps, but, that's capitalism.

And I wouldn't call NFL players welfare recipients. If they don't perform then they're cut and out of work.

Thankfully here in Indy we can avoid the tax by just deducting 3-4% from the tip amount. Even better, don't spend your money at local establishments and instead eat at home and save your cash for more guns and ammo!

:scratch:

So you still pay the tax, but then stiff the girl or guy that brings your food to you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Welcome to Crony capitalism. No one forced Indianapolis to put up the money for the stadium. Would the team leave if they didn't? Perhaps, but, that's capitalism.

And I wouldn't call NFL players welfare recipients. If they don't perform then they're cut and out of work.

FIFY

The government handing my money to a private entity so that they have the means to make more money is crap.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FIFY

The government handing my money to a private entity so that they have the means to make more money is crap.

It happens all the time - toll road leases, tax abatements, incentives, construction projects, small business loans / startups, worker training programs, etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It happens all the time - toll road leases, tax abatements, incentives, construction projects, small business loans / startups, worker training programs, etc.

When the government needs to purchase something (Road Construction/repair, building a new courthouse etc) that is one thing. It's part of the reason I pay taxes, after all; to fund necessary facilities for the government. Paying a business for services rendered with tax money is 100% legit. We can argue all day long about what services they need to purchase, and for what cost, but that's why we have a representative government.

Paying a private company money and constructing buildings primarily for the use of that private company is entirely different. Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it any less crony capitalism. There is nothing free market about it: the government steals money from me to fund someone else's business.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

Farmers, oil companies... you can't turn around without seeing a private company making money without the direct aid of tax dollars.

Top Bottom