• which One to Buy

• Total voters

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i have myself an Esee 5 that i got from the Knife Lady at the last indy 1500 and i love it. havent had the chance to truely put it thru its paces, but i can say it splits small wood no problem

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If we're talking survival, and not chop my way through a downed black hawk helicopter, than my vote is for the Brothers of Bushcraft knife. I both own and live my ESEE 5, but the Tops is much handier.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMO, if you inclined to buy an ESEE for camping / survival / ITEOTWAWKI / etc........., give the Laser Strike a serious look. The tip is centered with the blade, has a pivot on both sides for a fire bow, and inside the handle is a ferro / magnesium rod & tinder tabs. If I were up :poop:'s creek w/out a paddle, I would feel much more confident with it over the 5.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    IMO, if you inclined to buy an ESEE for camping / survival / ITEOTWAWKI / etc........., give the Laser Strike a serious look. The tip is centered with the blade, has a pivot on both sides for a fire bow, and inside the handle is a ferro / magnesium rod & tinder tabs. If I were up :poop:'s creek w/out a paddle, I would feel much more confident with it over the 5.

The esee is just so frickin' heavy! I do some back packing and usually carry an srk. The esee is twice as heavy. But maybe im just being too paranoid.

Top Bottom