Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. You guys are hilarious! :D

2. Contacted 3 hours ago, along with the other ad he put up. :coffee:

I had had the same thought when I saw that listed!

Now we just need to get his reviews a bit more concise and dropped over here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-real-world-reviews/

and I think that would potentially save us all some $$ as we can just let him chase everything down and review it for us :ingo:

Brilliant idea! I’d say we couldn’t get him into the nicer toys some of us like, but you all did talk him into that SR1911...

1. and I make three...

3. Good luck with getting me to upgrade to guns over $300. :dunno:
    4. That always give me pause and must be something I really have been looking for and want.
    5. The Ruger was a stretch but after all the research I had to go for it, but, unlike other guns I sell in hours (or less) and by at least a day, the Ruger SR 1911 I put up last night has had no bites.
    6. I was told it was hard to sell a higher priced gun, even if a good deal: lesson learned.
    7. I wanted to sell it for $700 (I have $655 in it), but I restrained my greed and through in a box of shells and kept the price at $675 to reel in the thrifty buyers like myself.
    8. Advise: I could sell the gun for $600 with only 2 mags and then sell the other 3 mags for $75ish.
    9. If I would be advised to do that, should I keep both 10 round mags to sell separately with the 3 mags b/c they would be more desirable for a mag buy?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I decided to be sympathetic to your lot and purchased a sweet SW Model 15-2 today. That makes three purchases for me since Saturday, so that makes your purchases "just" average!

Will look for your 22a first impressions...

1. Let me be very firm here: do not mention buying a gun w/o revealing the price! :nono:
    2. I don't care if you overpaid b/c you lost control or got it for half-price, but, come on: that's the fun of it. :rockwoot:
    3. Don't make me repeat it! :laugh:

4. If you know that I can be trusted, pm me at least so I can enjoy "the hunt." (or at least the conclusion of it :popcorn:)
    5. Everything is relative to price. Well, for me it is. :ugh:
    6. Anyone can just go into a shop and pay the asking price, but a true "hunter" stalks his "game" until he finds the "weak spot." (follow the path of the analogies)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    1. I missed that in the forum rules.

2-4. $425 (which is at least a great price) plus I bought 2000 rounds of ammo while in the store. The gun isn't pristine but I would call it 95%+. Original grips. Faint turn line.

5. Price is relative...

6. Well, the hunt in this case was the lgs hunting me until he found my weaknesses. K-frame SW's being one of many. Yea, I paid asking price. Gladly! Entire negotiation took 15 to 20 seconds. It was purely an ambush...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As for doddg's point #6, stalking the game and finding his weakness...that was easy. For you it's 2 parts. 1 part .22LR and 1 part Stainless Steel and you just can't help yourself...can you? Lol

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I decided to be sympathetic to your lot and purchased a sweet SW Model 15-2 today. That makes three purchases for me since Saturday, so that makes your purchases "just" average!
    Will look for your 22a first impressions...

1. As I do in giving them: it is magnificent!
    2. To me it seems to be a more expensive gun b/c of the way it is made: seems so technically awesome.
    3. Of course, I've been away and missed 30 yrs., but the revolvers don't seem any better to me. :dunno:

1. I missed that in the forum rules.

3. It applies only to my threads. :laugh:

2-4. $425 (which is at least a great price) plus I bought 2000 rounds of ammo while in the store. The gun isn't pristine but I would call it 95%+. Original grips. Faint turn line.
    5. Price is relative...

4. Yea: price! I enjoy "mulling" it over, and from the Smith 38s I've bought: yes, I'm OK with the price: doesn't seem out of line for a S/W.
    5. 95% sounds totally awesome to me! And, a "faint turn line" So what, that's what revolvers do when you use them: marks of pride, scars of worthiness!
    6. Give me a good used revolver any day! It's like antique cars: I love the ones that get driven thousands of miles per year instead of the ones that just sit: it's a shame.
    7. I get your quick negotiation. I have bought 2 guns by just accidentally and casually looking into the used gun case and saw what I could not say no to:
    S/W Airweight, 7 shot revolver, 22
    magnum (asking $500 and I paid the outrageous sum of $450 b/c I was enamored by it and didn't even know it existed.
    It might be a gun I cannot recoup my cost: I paid retail even if they did come down 10%. Then there
    wasthe the Ruger Bearcat 22LR, SS they wanted $400 (I think) and I ended up getting it for $320. Only b/c it was stainless: I'm weak. :ugh:]

6. Well, the hunt in this case was the lgs hunting me until he found my weaknesses. K-frame SW's being one of many. Yea, I paid asking price. Gladly! Entire negotiation took 15 to 20 seconds. It was purely an ambush...

8. Love the detail and the confession: everyone identifies! "Ambush" = hilarious! :lmfao: I go down fighting, never paying asking price. Well, their was this once, well, I now remember a 2nd time. :wallbash: Well, as you can see, I'm not as tough as I talk, huh? :dunno:

As for doddg's point #6, stalking the game and finding his weakness...that was easy. For you it's 2 parts. 1 part .22LR and 1 part Stainless Steel and you just can't help yourself...can you? Lol
    9. How true, my friend. :rockwoot:
    10. I still can't believe my Shield .45 slipped away so quickly, but my confessed weakness for anything 22LR and Stainless was used well to your advantage. :thumbsup:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes it was..but in all fairness I did tell you to think about it and tried to give you time to make sure you were good with the deal.
    It has been a super busy week, but I am hoping to go put a few rounds down range with the shield tomorrow

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yes it was..but in all fairness I did tell you to think about it and tried to give you time to make sure you were good with the deal.
    It has been a super busy week, but I am hoping to go put a few rounds down range with the shield tomorrow

1. Yes, you did. I was just under pressure to do what I knew I would eventually do: part with all .45 calibers.
    2. Good thing I did b/c my Ruger SR 1911 Gov't. model, SS, 5" barrel has been advertised for 2 days now w/o a bite.
    3. I usually sell w/i hours or a day max. I was told it was harder to sell a higher priced handgun instead of my usual $300ish ones.
    4. I'm really surprised since the 5 magazines I thought would separate it from the pack. I put it in for $675 with a box of shells also.

Top Bottom