• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You might have to wait a few months. With BO winning the election a new round of ammo craze started and has wiped out most stocks of ammo. .30 carbine being a less popular rounds (vs 9mm, .22l, .223, .45) is going to take some time before it gets re-stocked.

But if you do find a source please let us know, I too am interested. Looking for brass in this caliber as well.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm waiting on my newly acquired M1 to come back from the smith, but I'm already trying to find a good ammo source for it, so thank you for the thread. I'll probably just plonk down for a brick when I find a good deal, but it sounds like not saving brass for a reloader would be downright unpatriotic. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Luckygunner.com has Sellier& bellot .30 cal.110 gr.FMJ for $445 for 1000 rounds plus shipping.

That is
    censored.gif
    insane! That comes out to .45 cents a round (not including shipping) when just last month avg price was around .34 cents a round.
    :xmad:

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    The only stores that I know carry it are Walmart, Cabelas, Basspro shop and Blythes but they are usually overpriced (Walmart, Cabelas, Bassproshop) close to $30 for a box of 50 or $25 for a box of 20, or have imited ammounts (Blythes). So far the best prices I have found are at Bylthes (TulAmmo $14.99 for a box of 50) when they have it is. I would sell my M1 but it has a lot of sentimental value as it is my first rifle.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Is the TulAmmo steel or brass?
    I know the cheapest Cabela's has it is typically 19.99 for box of 50 of the steel stuff.

TulAmmo is steel, are you talking about Herter's? I bought a box of 50 from Cabelas for $17.99 it is also steel cased and it is also TulAmmo just in a different box

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    not to hijack from the ammo dealie, but has anyone had probs with the sights on these things? my old man has one that was a ***** to sight in, and even then shot huge groups at 50.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    TulAmmo is steel, are you talking about Herter's? I bought a box of 50 from Cabelas for $17.99 it is also steel cased and it is also TulAmmo just in a different box

Yes the Herter's brand which is the Cabela's brand made in Russia and is steel.
    It was 17.99 and 18.99 a few weeks back but this past week when I went they had it for 19.99 and it was out of stock.

Looking on there website it's at 17.99 again so WTH!

not to hijack from the ammo dealie, but has anyone had probs with the sights on these things? my old man has one that was a ***** to sight in, and even then shot huge groups at 50.

Do you have the flip sight or the sliding sight on the rear of the carbine.
    The flip IIRC is for 100 or 300 yards only.

And from this post the rifle was designed to shoot high.

Advice needed ref sights on .30 cal M1 carbine. - Shooters Forum

This may help as well
    Rifle Sales - Carbine

Click on the links at the top, especially this one:
    http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/pdfs/CC-zeroingproblemswithadjrearsight.pdf

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Yes the Herter's brand which is the Cabela's brand made in Russia and is steel.
    It was 17.99 and 18.99 a few weeks back but this past week when I went they had it for 19.99 and it was out of stock.

Looking on there website it's at 17.99 again so WTH!

I got one box maybe a week or two ago and it was $17.99. all the rounds have TulAmmo headstamps on them, I've heard that some have Wolf headstamps on them.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I wish I had the dealers name but, I got a pretty good deal from a dealer at the Indy 1500 some time ago. You might check there. Sucks to hike it out to the car but it's fun to go!

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I wish I had the dealers name but, I got a pretty good deal from a dealer at the Indy 1500 some time ago. You might check there. Sucks to hike it out to the car but it's fun to go!

I saw some good prices when I was there but sadly I didnt have much cash on me but next time I go I'll pick some up

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Sorry bud, but I don't really remember. My gues, but only a guess was about .34 a round. I don't shoot it much but I picked up a bunch just to have. I am starting to reload so maybe I will start shooting it a bit more.

Top Bottom