• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grimmis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    New Haven
    Anyone know of a good price to get decent priced 300 blk? I've been waiting on freedom munitions to get some back in stock but it's been months. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm not trying to offer a solution that wasn't asked for, but you should really consider reloading. I know I wouldn't have "bought into" 300blk if it weren't for reloading, at least not at what it costs. I do get that getting into reloading can be expensive, but it will pay for itself pretty quickly especially when shooting something like 300blk where the price of factory vs loaded ammunition is so great.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm not trying to offer a solution that wasn't asked for, but you should really consider reloading. I know I wouldn't have "bought into" 300blk if it weren't for reloading, at least not at what it costs. I do get that getting into reloading can be expensive, but it will pay for itself pretty quickly especially when shooting something like 300blk where the price of factory vs loaded ammunition is so great.

Which reloading set-up do you have...and, if I might ask, how much do you have invested (total) in your reloading set-up? I'm wanting to get started in reloading (hopefully, this fall)...but am not sure which way to go for a reloader? Considering Hornady set-up at top of list right now!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Which reloading set-up do you have...and, if I might ask, how much do you have invested (total) in your reloading set-up? I'm wanting to get started in reloading (hopefully, this fall)...but am not sure which way to go for a reloader? Considering Hornady set-up at top of list right now!

I have a Dillion 550b. I bought mine new off of a guy who'd never even set it up. It was still in the box. However, if I had to guess you could get a running set up with dies and everything ready to go for around $600 cranking out ammunition. I am loading 300blk for 25cents a round and that's including the 10cents a round I paid for the brass. Each time you reload that brass the price goes down. But heck at 25cents a round for subs that normally run about 50cents in 1,000 rounds I've saved $250. So with 300blk it adds up quickly.

That being said if you were loading on a single stage press sucks has a hornady locknload kit you could about pay for your entire upfront cost in $1,000 rounds. I haven't been reloading for a very long time and I'm pretty close to breaking even in what I've invested in my press and setup just from loading 300blk and 9mm.

I have a hornady single stage press that I do some rifle loading on and sometimes resize and deprime with. However, I started reloading with the progressive and while most people will strongly recommend against it I think it was the right choice for me and is an ok choice for many to make. I went slow when I started and I also didn't buy the most wizbang press out there with all the gadgets and feeds etc. I bought the one I knew I could handle.

It depends on what you want to reload, if you want to reload rifle rounds I would consider a single stage depending on the volume you shoot (not the best idea if you crank out a lot of rounds on an AR when out shooting). And if you are wanting to feed a pistol or shoot a lot I would buy a progressive. Reloading for pistol is probably the place to start also just because there is less to it and easy to get comfortable in my eyes.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have also had great experience ordering from Ozark (147gr) and its the cheapest bulk I could find. I also have ordered Remington UMC subs off SGammo ($16/box), blemished subs from Gemtech ($17/box), and Remington Premium subs from PSA ($14/box on sale). I need to purchase a set of 300 blk dies though and get my Dillion set up for them - it would save me a lot of money.

Grimmis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    New Haven
    I just started reloading .223, but I haven't built up enough brass on the 300 yet. I only put 30 rounds through it to test the upper. I definitely plan on reloading, but I want to get about 500 brass casings first.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Zx has some like $15/20. Silencer Co brand. That's the best price I've seen in town. Wrigley's and Gander both carry the Sig brand but it's a little more.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    For reloading u can get a Lee classic turret (whole kit, w/ book) + dies + a better scale for $300-350 (correct me if I'm wrong.
    Then brass from Detroitammoco, and powder/primers/bullets locally .

Top Bottom