• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calebcroy92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2020
    Plymouth
    Have a 300 black out barrel that a got with a ar. Only have a couple rounds with the barrel. Is it really that much better than 556 that I should build another rifle for it ot just let it sit on the Shelf like it's been for the last year?

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Unless funds are really tight, why not build an upper around it (depending on barrel length, obviously)? If I had a 300blk barrel laying around I would have a hard time not turning it into a suppressed rifle/pistol build.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I'm a big fan of 300blk but for me it's only useful as a short barrel so I can build an upper much shorter than a 556 and have something I can run subs and suppressed or super and not have to step down to a pistol round , for instance I have an 8" 300blk but my 556 is a 14.5
    My 300 is my HD of choice and my 556 is if I am going to have to bug out
    I don't hunt gun season so can't speak to the usefulness of it in a 16" rifle

Calebcroy92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2020
    Plymouth
    My next build is going to be a 6.5 Creedmoor on a AR-10 platform. Ill probably just build it for fun. But yes most guys run the short barrels. Unless there hunting with it but but I just feel like there's better longer-range hunting size calipers that could be ran out of AR-15

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My next build is going to be a 6.5 Creedmoor on a AR-10 platform. Ill probably just build it for fun. But yes most guys run the short barrels. Unless there hunting with it but but I just feel like there's better longer-range hunting size calipers that could be ran out of AR-15
    If longer range hunting is the goal there are better platforms than AR-15s to do it with also but I'm guessing the longer range part is less of a goal than hunting with the AR is? It's really about what your particular goals are.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The woods i hunt are pretty thick. So i have no shots over 150 yards. I built a 16in 300blk for deer and its bee. awesome. Especially with the barnes xtact 110 grain bullets.
    I hunt the same type of terrain so I built a rifle as well. I used a 16" AR Stoner barrel from Midway. I have not ran hunting ammo through it yet or shot it at 100 yards, but I put 3 shots touching @ 50 yards with Frontier 125 gr. FMJ. I am hoping it will shoot into a MOA @ 100 yards with Winchester Deer Season 150 gr. XP loads.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    I hunt the same type of terrain so I built a rifle as well. I used a 16" AR Stoner barrel from Midway. I have not ran hunting ammo through it yet or shot it at 100 yards, but I put 3 shots touching @ 50 yards with Frontier 125 gr. FMJ. I am hoping it will shoot into a MOA @ 100 yards with Winchester Deer Season 150 gr. XP loads.
    Where do you buy the Win 150 grain XP’s?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom