• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've owned a .300 BLK AR before. I didn't do much with it but run about 100 rounds through it before I sold it. I'm building a Deer rifle to use this season in .300 BLK. I'm going to run Supersonic ammo and I'd like sub MOA accuracy. 110 grain Hornady. The previous load I used was H110 but as a side note, I need to find a a load a little more cold weather friendly.

My 2 choices for barrels are both 16" and carbine length gas system. First is a Yankee Hill 1:8 twist @$200. Site specifically says their barrels are tuned for supersonic. (gas system) I am leaning this route just based on the name. Figuring the Yankee Hill brand being better.

The other is a Anderson arms at about $160 1:7 twist and uses there RFC85 or what ever. No other details.

I like going to the range and will likely use this to plink steel as far as I can.

I read that the 300 blk in Supersonic likes a slower twist rate. Anyone back that up?

Thanks.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The faster twist rate is good for stabilizing big heavy projectiles, and the slower is better with the supers technically yet. Honestly either one I think will fit your needs, but with the YHM being $40 more and of "higher quality" I'd go that route. Especially with the confidence you already have in it. I will say though I've seen some impressive shooting out of a RF 10.5" 300blk shooting 125grain projectiles.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a stainless 16" Core 15 and only handload supers for it. I use IMR 4227 with 125 grain pills. I believe that powder isn't temp sensative and may be what you need.

Check out Cores barrels. Unbeatable warranty.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom