• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I thought this promotion was long ago past, but I had an Ingo'er pm me and request that I sponsor him.

I told them I would try, but I didn't know if the offer was still valid. I gave him my info. and he called the NRA. They told him that I had to call, and pay, and then he could pay me back.

I pm'ed said Ingo'er with the requirements. He said he would send me a Postal money order for the membership. I received the money order today.
    Called the NRA customer service about 5:30pm, and by 5:45pm we have another new NRA Life member.

It was just that easy, and they said nothing about ending this promotion.

Between this, and a couple of other boards, I've now been able to sponsor a dozen new Life members! I'll gladly sponsor more if you don't know another Life member.

If you were ever thinking of joining the "Lifer" ranks, I'd suggest you find a Life member to sponsor you for the "Legacy Life" membership.
    It carries all the benefits of every other Life membership, but it's only $300!
    My Life membership cost me $1k 10 years ago!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can any Life Member sponsor someone or does it have to be a member whose dues are fully paid?

Good question. I would guess they will require a fully paid Life membership, but I could be mistaken. I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    It carries all the benefits of every other Life membership, but it's only $300!
    My Life membership cost me $1k 10 years ago!

I may be naive, but what benefits does a life member have that an annual member does not?

Is it just cheaper when dues are spread out over 10+ years? Or are there real, tangible things that you are entitled to?

I've been an annual member for 4 years or so, I kind of like re-upping every year and getting the bag, hat, knife, other promotional item.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I may be naive, but what benefits does a life member have that an annual member does not?

Is it just cheaper when dues are spread out over 10+ years? Or are there real, tangible things that you are entitled to?

I've been an annual member for 4 years or so, I kind of like re-upping every year and getting the bag, hat, knife, other promotional item.

To be honest, the only benefit I know of is bragging rights. That, and at this years NRA convention in St. Louis, us "Lifers" had front section center seating. :dunno:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm interested in doing this. Anyone interested in "sponsoring" me, please PM. I'm 48, and I understand it's supposed to be an "older" lifetime member "nominating" a "younger" new member. I've always wanted to join NRA... anyone who's willing to help with this around Indy face-to-face, I'll be glad to make a new shooting friend. Same may apply for my brother, cbhausen.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I just received an offer by mail to upgrade from patron life member to benefactor life member for 350 dollars. The usual price for the upgrade is 1500 dollars. Sounds like a deal I can't pass up.

TheeToyGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    I would be interested in upgrading my NRA Memebership to the life member if the cost was only $300. Does anyone know if you can upgrade for that price?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Good information, I have been a life member since (I think) 1994, my youngest son is also a life member - same year. I wasn't aware of the promotion. I would be happy to sponsor anyone around the Frankfort, Lebanon, Lafayette area.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would be interested in upgrading my NRA Memebership to the life member if the cost was only $300. Does anyone know if you can upgrade for that price?

I've sponsored new and current members for the $300 Life memberships.
    Yes, a current member can upgrade to Life status for $300, as long as they are sponsored by another life member.

If you call yourself, as a current annual member, and want to upgrade to a Life membership, I believe they are going to ask for more than the $300. :dunno:

Top Bottom