• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    My brother and I started buying parts for this paired build back in Sept... here are the results:
    Mega Upper/Lower Receivers
    DPMS LPK
    DPMS 20" Fluted 1:10 Barrel
    APEX 6550 handguard
    A2 buttstock
    Wotac 4-14x50

We took our new builds out to 42769vette's Shooting Farm yesterday for the honeymoon. We (RNM, RNP, IGW, & Vette) were looking to put a few hundred rounds down range for a little break-in, however some family affairs brought us back to Indy and cut the day short. Here is a simplified range report.

Anyone looking at getting into a nice .22lr set up should seriously consider the CZ452, while we were setting up IGW was consitantly hitting the 4" plates at 220 and 250 with a federal bulk 550 pack (about 300 rounds).

We shot factory 168 Amax at about 3/4 MOA, still doing load development but looks like so far she likes around +/- 37.~ vaget with the 168 amax. I couldn't get a constant reading on the chrono since RedneckPastor hit the chrono on his second shot through it and I hit it on my first :D

After IGW walked us in hits on a Bobcat Steel 12" Square was almost 100% per trigger pull, and even hitting the 4" round wasn't too tough.

Towards the end of the day RNP and IGW shot the 100% IPSC at 750 with about 50% hits, RNP with his new 308 and IGW with his .223 w/ acog, even with the 30mph wind gusts.

Prebuild

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

My wotac didn't arrive yet (back order) so 42769vette let me borrow his Swarovski from the torture test demo, probably some of the best glass I've ever looked through. (you can still see the shot pimpling on the scope)
    IMG_4057.jpg

Custom Airbrust to the stocks.
    IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

RNP shooting.
    IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

More range report to come.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ill add a little. ive never touched a 308 ar. ive never shot a ar that would do moa or better. i grabbed redneckpastors ar and put 3 rds down range. i didn't really focus the fundementals or marksmanship or take my time and shot 3/4 group @ 100 WITH FACTORY AMMO. had i taken more time i really think i could have done better. with the time i took on the shots i would have been impressed with 1.5moa. i hadn't even dry fired to get use to the trigger.

impressed is a understatement. all and all it was a pretty good day. i will say the 308 shot lights out for everyone except me and igw on my chrono:rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, my, look at those heels flat on the deck! That's got to be an INGO first. No rolling around on the toes, no Farah Faucetting, etc. I'm near tears.

Someone tell RNP that I love him.:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    nice builds! whats the total cost invested?

About $2000...
    including ammo (200 rounds hand-loaded)
    Wotac Scope
    Parts Shipped
    and chrono replacement parts :laugh:

Oh, my, look at those heels flat on the deck! That's got to be an INGO first. No rolling around on the toes, no Farah Faucetting, etc. I'm near tears.

Someone tell RNP that I love him.:D

He had a good teacher ;) :ar15:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    you forgot to add in the cost of some jerky to the build cost!!

I got to shoot mine some more this weekend also...

Top Bottom