• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have loaded some 110 gr Hornady V-Max for my .308. I tried a box of Hornady TAP with the 110 gr. bullet to see if my Howa would like them. I used Varget for all my .308 loads...just can't remember what the charge was.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Many of the manuals have 308 youth loads. I haven't yet but was thinking of loading these for a FR7 I have

crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    i seen the 110grain bullets in the book and thought it would be interesting to try it.just wanted to see if anybody else has,and what the results was....bottom line is bored and trying to find some reason to be at the bench..........

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    The 110's are great in the .308 for coyotes... as long as your not trying to save the pelts. High velocity + light bullet = big holes!:D

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Years ago I was looking for a groundhog load using Reloader 12 and Sie. 110gr HPs., getting almost 3100 fps and a about 3/4 MOA. RE-12 is no longer in production, but I'll bet you can find as good or better substitute.

The Sierras are a little too expensive for plinking, but really do a # on groundhogs.

For a better price, I'd try Hornady 110gr. Softpoints. Worked well in the 30-30. Good close range varmint bullet. Never tried them in the .308

For the little better price (never used them) Wiedners is running a deal on Hornady 110 FMJ right now. $79/500 shipped.

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    That's a pretty sweet deal on the 110gr Hornady's...I shoot those in a couple of M1 Carbines. Might need to place an order! :)

I'm not sure what you're looking for in plinking bullets, but I like accuracy over economy. Some folks think I'm nuts, but I shoot 125 grain Nosler BT's for fun shooting in the 308. With full-power loads or H4895 reduced recoil charges, they are very accurate and easy on the shoulder, if not the pocketbook. I started to get frustrated with the cost of reloading components until I went to buy some good quality factory ammo, recently. HOLY CRAP! Glad I'm addicted to the one-armed bandit! (my reloading press... ;) )

Top Bottom