• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And 435 currently active users... that's a new record as well. :)

ETA:

(peaked at 456 this evening.) :yesway:

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    How many of the members have no posts, or just a minimal few? How many have logged on only once and left? They should be wiped clean to give the site a real feel as to how many members there are.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    How many of the members have no posts, or just a minimal few? How many have logged on only once and left? They should be wiped clean to give the site a real feel as to how many members there are.
    Fenway has stated from the beginning that no account will be wiped.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Thats what Im saying. You guys are cheating yourselves by claiming a bulk total. Many people sign up and run. They aren't "real" members. Delete anyone who has never posted. That'll learn em.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Lots of members sign up so that they can set up preferences for how the page is laid out, new posts, etc. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they're not active. We have a significant percentage of the registered member base that logs in at least once per month. Also, if they have posted anything, deleting the accounts will cause post and thread orphans all over the place.

There would be no reason or benefit to deleting member accounts just because they haven't logged in recently.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lots of members sign up so that they can set up preferences for how the page is laid out, new posts, etc. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they're not active. We have a significant percentage of the registered member base that logs in at least once per month. Also, if they have posted anything, deleting the accounts will cause post and thread orphans all over the place.

There would be no reason or benefit to deleting member accounts just because they haven't logged in recently.

I guess I should have worded it a bit differently. You can go into the control panel of VBulletin and see who signed up on what date, and when the last time they logged in was. If you have someone that created an account on June 1, 2008, and never logged in again, they are NOT using the account, and are essentially taking up a member number.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I guess I should have worded it a bit differently. You can go into the control panel of VBulletin and see who signed up on what date, and when the last time they logged in was. If you have someone that created an account on June 1, 2008, and never logged in again, they are NOT using the account, and are essentially taking up a member number.

I know what you're saying and I know how VB works. Did you see the chart a bit farther up the thread? What point would there be to deleting that account? So you can see a number that we already know about? What possible difference could that make? It's not like we're going to run out of member numbers.

We know how many active members we have and the site owner wants to keep all accounts in case that June 1, 2008 person ever wants to come back.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What about the one's that partake in my favorite activity which
    is going back through all their posts and deleting them?
    I can think of 2 off the top of my head right now.
    That is annoying. YMMV

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I know what you're saying and I know how VB works. Did you see the chart a bit farther up the thread? What point would there be to deleting that account? So you can see a number that we already know about? What possible difference could that make? It's not like we're going to run out of member numbers.

We know how many active members we have and the site owner wants to keep all accounts in case that June 1, 2008 person ever wants to come back.
    I figure you do know how vBulletin works since you are one of the head cheeses here, but maybe most of the other regular members around here don't. I was only bringing to light the numbers aren't all active members. Someone might see 8000 members and might not understand that it is actually a "padded number" because many users are one-and-done. you may have 8000 members, but only 6342 have ever logged in again since signing up.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    you may have 8000 members, but only 6342 have ever logged in again since signing up.

What difference does it make? We're essentially watching the car odometer roll over and you're sitting in the back seat complaining that we're not taking into account all the times we drove in reverse. The whole exercise is a completely meaningless bit of fun. :rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    MMsponge.jpg

Top Bottom