• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    By all initial reports I've seen, and having seen the mags in person, the DD Magazine is on pace to become a well regarded piece of kit.

One thing I DO know for sure is that I have never known Marty Daniel to put any product on the market that was not on-point, so I am really excited about these.

DD_32.jpg

It seems like a no-brainer - 32 rounds in the same sized package as a standard 30 round mag. And supposedly, no difficulty running these at their full capacity, even with tac reloads. We'll see, but I'm really excited.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And for those that like to "down load" their magazines they can now have standard 30 round capacity.

Win-win-win all around.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    10 more dollars (compared to a pmag) for 2 more rounds, not worth it imho. Rather buy two pmags.

That is a good point. They are more money. I think the value will be found if it really does insert easily with the bolt forward, even at full capacity. If that is the case, a couple extra bucks for an easier to use product is worth it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That is a good point. They are more money. I think the value will be found if it really does insert easily with the bolt forward, even at full capacity. If that is the case, a couple extra bucks for an easier to use product is worth it.

A couple, maybe... But $10 is not "a couple".

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Like stuffing 8 rounds in a 7 round flush 1911 mag. If it works it works. I'm sure there will be finicky guns that don't like them. But innovation is good and moving forward is not a bad thing.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    ...not for that price. Pmags and USGI's with magpul followers work great and are half the price (or less). This is another example of trying to fix something that's not broken and/or marketing trying to separate people from their money. Until they sell them for the same price as Pmags or USGI, I'm a "nope" on this one.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I grabbed a few @ the NRA show. Tried two and they worked as advertised. Decided to go this route after building up a stock of Gen 2 PMags, just to see what they'd do.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Meh... I think I'll stick with my USGI / Magpul followers or E-Landers for metal mags, and Lancer AW5's for polymer. That said, we are living in the golden age of AR magazines and it's nice to have so many nice options that we can be picky.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Meh... I think I'll stick with my USGI / Magpul followers or E-Landers for metal mags, and Lancer AW5's for polymer. That said, we are living in the golden age of AR magazines and it's nice to have so many nice options that we can be picky.

We are living in the golden age. I think I will pick up another 10 USGI mags before that age is dead.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    P

Got some time with these today. In my rifle which is a DD they do insert extremely easy fully loaded with the bolt forward. Just up to you on the definition of a couple of extra dollars means to you.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

My Colt M4's run 30+1 using PMAG's...

Top Bottom