32ACP / 7.65 Browning is dead (Not just dying)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well its happening, the last major gunmaker to make a pistol in the Caliber just announced the discontinuation of the last pistol in that caliber.

The major gun maker is Beretta, the Tomcat series was just announced to be discontinued.
    1702502640846.png

This leaves the Keltec 32 and the 32 NAA Gaurdian alone in the caliber, as the only two being offered new in that caliber.

1702502734271.png

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    With plenty of vintage/surplus handguns chambered in it, they’ll never quit making ammo for it, but I suspect mainline production for it is all but done, at least for now. It may see a resurrection down the road (heck, Ruger just released a RedHawk in .22 Hornet!), but we’ll have to wait and see.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    With plenty of vintage/surplus handguns chambered in it, they’ll never quit making ammo for it, but I suspect mainline production for it is all but done, at least for now. It may see a resurrection down the road (heck, Ruger just released a RedHawk in .22 Hornet!), but we’ll have to wait and see.
    Ohh undoubtedly, it just falls to the "second tier" list. A caliber that was once extremely popular, and there is a lot of guns made in it, but few new ones.

It will result in it still made and somewhat easy to find if you go look for it online and in smaller gun stores. But not something you can expect to find in a big box store, or a store with limited amounts of ammo they stock.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    You guys seem to have a 'premature' problem. Keltec has been manufacturing the P32 for more than 25 years, and they still are. I bought mine when they first came out. It has fired well over 1,000 rounds with not even one problem; Rock Steady Reliable. With the right ammo, it is a most excellent GTFOM gun. I stoke it with FIOCCHI 73gr FMJ. Never had a feed, firing, or extraction problem. The gun just works. And it costs the same as it did 25 years ago.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You guys seem to have a 'premature' problem. Keltec has been manufacturing the P32 for more than 25 years, and they still are. I bought mine when they first came out. It has fired well over 1,000 rounds with not even one problem; Rock Steady Reliable. With the right ammo, it is a most excellent GTFOM gun. I stoke it with FIOCCHI 73gr FMJ. Never had a feed, firing, or extraction problem. The gun just works. And it costs the same as it did 25 years ago.
    While the infamous maker of the infamous beach plastic firearms is certainly innovative. They don’t put out the volume of firearms the major makers do.

While production figures are not available, employment figures are. Keltec employs about 300, Beretta in the US employs 3000.

Keltec is a niche player, hence the last major maker has abandoned 32 acp.

Last edited:

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    Is current .32 production from ammo companies driven by the need to supply shooters with new production .32s? I can’t believe that. There’s a ton of surplus and older production .32s out there and they surely far outweigh the new production guns as far as the number of guns in use.

This development won’t meaningfully affect the quantity of available .32, in my view. What does affect the availability or price of .32 (or other calibers) are the same factors we‘ve seen in recent years: panic buying because of government regulation or, as we are starting to see now, foreign wars or related import restrictions shrinking the ammo supply for the civilian market across all calibers as ammo components get diverted elsewhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    oh-no-anyway.gif

Reliable suicide gun. Just watch your angles or you may leave yourself alive, but with reduced math skills.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    oh-no-anyway.gif

Reliable suicide gun. Just watch your angles or you may leave yourself alive, but with reduced math skills.
    Obviously you have never seen James Bond use his 32acp. He has more one shot kills with a 32acp than anyone ever in history.
    I seen him shoot from the hip and one shot kill bad guys.
    The title of this thread has a James Bond theme to it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Not dead in my house!! I have one, and my wife has one, the perfect polite carry pistol!

Attachments

• IMG_4268.jpeg
      IMG_4268.jpeg
      490.2 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_4269.jpeg
      IMG_4269.jpeg
      503.9 KB · Views: 4
    Top Bottom