• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I currently have a Keltec 32 pistol which I pocket carry. It has been a work horse with no issues at all. Having said that, I am feeling the need to upgrade to a .380. Does this make sense? Will I gain that much firepower from upgrading to the .380? I am looking at either a Ruger LCP, Taurus 738 or Kahr P380. If I did upgrade I want something that is proven to be reliable. From the research I have done it appears the LCP wins the reliability award over the Taurus or Kahr .380.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

I carry the LCP on a regular basis. Mine has been heavily used at the range with no failures to load, fire, or eject whatsoever. It is an outstanding firearm.

The .380 HP in +P load is a decent self defense round and is a much better choice than the 32.

Here is a decent write up on a variety of ammunition alternatives.

Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm

My brother in law just picked up a S&W Bodyguard in .380. It is also showing itself to be an outstanding pocket pistol.

There are a number of good alternatives on the market today.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I ended up buying a Diamondback 380 and the tigger spring broke. I had a few jams during the break but nothing alarming since I know the little 380's can be selective on ammo, etc. I shipped it back and bought a Kahr P380 in the mean time. I like the DiamondBack as well as the Kahr but I am going to give the Diamondback a shot since it will put some money back in my pocket. To be honest you really do not shoot your pocket carry pistol much so hopefully the DB comes back working ok. I know the Kahr is a better built pistol but I am going take my chances on the DB. I will always still have the Keltec 32 to fall back on.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I just posted a thread on the LCP. I think it's an awesome carry gun, especially in a pocket holster. Before I bought it, I thought about a Kel Tec 32 but got a good price on the Ruger. I had a P3AT but it just didn't fit me and I didn't care for it. If you do get a 380 though, look into the Remington Golden Sabres. They perform flawlessly out of my LCP.

Top Bottom