• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So I came across this on one of the gun websites today and thought others might be interested. It is a real good deal compared to all the other 80% lowers out there. Yes you probably won't get it for a few months, but you are helping a company, who is trying to do the right thing, get off the ground. Here is how the numbers break down:

$35 pledge - 1 lower
    $60 pledge - 2 lowers
    $100 pledge - 4 lowers
    $200 pledge - 8 lowers

Check it out here for the full info and specs. Support AR15 80% lower | RocketHub

They have already almost doubled what they needed to get going so at this point everyone is just locking in the number of lowers they want. Enjoy INGO!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I don't think anyone will have much of any experience with the company as it is starting by way of this project. One of the founders is constantly posting and replying on the project and it appears that he is trying to start production as soon as possible and maybe even before the project closes.

They will also be making a jig for cheap as well, just working on the details. I think I may jump on a four pack and convince my neighbor who is a machinist to use my tools in trade for a lower.

I would say we could do a build party, but it looks like it takes about 3 hours to do one, and that would make for a really long day!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I watched a 45 minute youtube video the other day on exactly this and it didn't seem to be too bad. This is also why I'm enlisting the help of my neighbor though.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Don't do it. I bet in a few months from now people will be complaining, pouting and crying how they got scamed and never recieved one 80% lower. If this company had any kind of credit rating don't you think they could get a small business loan from a bank. But hey it's your money and everybody here is a big boy or girl and can do as they please.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    This seems like a to good to be true offer. Other than this offer, has anyone heard of them before? Granted, $35 is not that much to loose. On the other hand, I don't like throwing money to the wind.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I want to do this deal, but I am unclear on exactly what it will take to make the lower complete. Is this something I can do with a normal set of tools or will I need to get specialized tools/machinery?

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I want to do this deal, but I am unclear on exactly what it will take to make the lower complete. Is this something I can do with a normal set of tools or will I need to get specialized tools/machinery?

It seems like you could get it done with a drill press.
    They are also raw aluminum. That migh be a reason it is cheaper than anything else. It will need to be anodized or duracoated also.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Interesting... Only question I have is if they don't get fully funded does your money get refunded?

Yes, that's the way crowdfunding sites work. The company doesn't get the money until the goal is reached. If they fall short, the money gets refunded.

Don't do it. I bet in a few months from now people will be complaining, pouting and crying how they got scamed and never recieved one 80% lower. If this company had any kind of credit rating don't you think they could get a small business loan from a bank. But hey it's your money and everybody here is a big boy or girl and can do as they please.

That's very rare with crowdfunded projects. I won't say it doesn't happen at all but I've never heard of one going sideways once funded. You'd be surprised how many startups use sites like this, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Razoo, and at least a half a dozen others. There are tens of thousands of project proposals on each site.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Since the lower is the part with a serial number, do you have to have an FFL to finish it? I'm sure the ATF wouldn't be too thrilled about an AR without a serial number.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    thanks for posting this up. i've been itching to build from 80% for awhile, but cringe at the prices being asked for anymore. so i went in for one. hell, i've pissed away more than 35 bucks on a night of drinking, so i figure its a good gamble.

Top Bottom