• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    .357 levers has been a hot topic at my house over the last two weeks. More pop than my Golden Boy, more fun for me than my AR. (ARs have their place, I just don't find it as enjoyable as lever actions.)

I'm pretty well settled on the Henry Big Boy in .357. I like the brass and it'll look good next to my Golden Boy. There is not a manual safety on it, if I understood things correctly there is a trigger bar that stops the hammer if the trigger isn't pulled though. The only real complaint I've seen is that some people prefer loading through the receiver and not loading through the tube.

If the brass isnt your style it has a steel model, all weather model and I think there is a silver model as well.

I haven't looked at the Winchesters, but I may do so before I get to buying.
    I love my Henry Big Boy in .357 had it out at the ECC range last weekend BB357.jpg I have a 1X4X24mm scope mounted on it. My eyes ain't what they used to be.
    Granted pricier that a $500 lever action; It's smooth, no kick, fires whatever I've run thorough it, and a beautiful rifle. Also, notice my avatar.... ;)

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I have a Uberti '92 in .44-40. I've shot SASS/NCOWS matches for the past 6-7 years. She hasn't failed be yet!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Rossi '92 was my go-to jack rabbit gun in the '80's and 90's.
    RCBS 163 grain SWC, just enough powder to get it out of the barrel.
    Coasting them in across the pasture on a black ear was high sport night or day.
    Heavy cast bullet with a blunt nose is better than cling peaches.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Glad you found one. I have a Uberti 73 in 45 colt and a Rossi 92 in 357. AA#5 and some 158 gr lead bullets are my go to load. Nice thump on shoulder but can shoot it all day. Great for plinking. After having a 73 and a 92....a 92 is a much stronger action. I can totally see why the 73 was weaker.

Regardless, lever actions are awesome.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I have a Winchester 94AE, a great shooter, I like it a lot.

Same here.

357001SW.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

It's hard to say with just a photo, but at least looking at your pic of it, the previous owner really took care of it, with no glaring dings on either the walnut or the steel.
    It sure is nice to see good old fashioned walnut instead of yet another damn synthetic stock.
    Post some targets once you've settled in had enough time to find some ammo that produces the best groups.
    She's a real beauty.

Here's my own 1894, this one in .45 Colt and with the round barrel that sold only through Cabela's in that caliber/barrel configuration.
    DSCF0591.jpg

And, of course, my 39A, this one manufactured in 1984, and my all time favorite gun in my modest arsenal.
    Marlin_39A.jpg

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I still shoot my Rossi .357 puma from the 1980s. It has never liked the aluminium cased blazer ammunition. Everything else works just fine. If you find one, grab it. :ingo:

Top Bottom