• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yes it is. I thought it was the same as yours but now I see it isn't..

i have the 20" case hardened. Fantastic deer rifle. Rossi is a fine rifle. Iv'e heard of bad experiences, but I have yet to have one.

gzT0b0I.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Love this thread! I've said before that I could go to shooting nothing but wheelguns, and live a perfectly happy life. This is after I said I would NEVER own a revolver when I first got into shooting not terribly long ago... my younger brother's S&W 66 police trade-in did it for me by the time I was done with the 2nd cylinder.

Not including the Henrys, here are a few pics from my smallish collection. They're all shooters (except for dupes of the NM66 in 4.25" and 2.75" not included in the images below that remain unfired except by the factory):

686-6 3", this one is VERY accurate for me. Feels like I could beat on this one all day, and it wouldn't put up any fuss at all:
    pLsYsqD.jpg
    [/IMG]

S&W Model 19-5. This sweetheart is a wonderful shooter, and also VERY accurate. I got this one off a member here on INGO, and other than giving it a good cleaning and changing out the stock magna wood grips for the Altamonts, it remains original, and also has the matching S/N box:
    JyVZeWH.jpg
    [/IMG]

S&W 66-8 Combat Magnum, 4.25", best trigger of the bunch after a little Wilson Combat spring surgery, and holds my personal record for distance ringing steel plates:
    OCCugRm.jpg
    [/IMG]

The latest pick-up, a S&W 66-8 2.75" with Altamont boot grips. This one is a HECK of a shooter, also with Wilson Combat spring upgrades... probably my current favorite of the bunch:
    gGJdPyi.jpg
    [/IMG]

S&W Model 63 3" in 22LR. Fun little shooter with Apex springs, and pretty much ZERO recoil. Great revolver for new shooters to try, or anyone with the itch to plink away with 22LR:
    oXocy2C.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread. Those are some nice revolvers Hopper. I can't get myself to spend the extra money for S&W. I'm too cheap. Here's the Blackhawk I mentioned in an earlier post.

Blackhawk.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Hopper that is a nice collection. My father has a 686 no dash in 6" that I think is one of my alltime favorites. My current dilemma is choosing between a Vaquero, or an sp101. (I would ideally like a Bisley or a Clapp, respectively). Pipe dreams i suppose...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hopper that is a nice collection. My father has a 686 no dash in 6" that I think is one of my alltime favorites. My current dilemma is choosing between a Vaquero, or an sp101. (I would ideally like a Bisley or a Clapp, respectively). Pipe dreams i suppose...
    My younger brother had a Vaquero. His was the Bisley version. Looked like a gun the Lone Ranger himself would have proudly carried, and it shot every bit as good as it looked. There wasn't a flavor of .357 it wouldn't happily gobble up!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I gave my son a Rugrr NM Blackhawk and a Marion County Sheriffs Department logo marked MDL 66.
    Nice guns to pass on.
    inhope my grandson gets them some day but he is 1 1/2, so it might be a while.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Ruger 4.2" GP100 with rosewood Altamont grips which are nearly identical to the original style Ruger used to put on them. Front sight replaced with one containing an orange insert. Reason for the silly .2" longer barrel? Makes it legal for use in Canada to comply with their 100mm minimum barrel length. Pictured with a pair of HKS 586-A speedloaders.

37028043076_31251b9518_b.jpg

John

Top Bottom