• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Does anyone shoot the 357 any more, or even wheelguns for that matter? It seems as though everyone is high on semi autos, not that I don't own my fair share of them. Does anyone out there still like the big fireball and boom of the 357?
    :draw:

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Does anyone shoot the 357 any more, or even wheelguns for that matter? It seems as though everyone is high on semi autos, not that I don't own my fair share of them. Does anyone out there still like the big fireball and boom of the 357?
    :draw:
    I do. I carry a .357 revolver (S&W 360SC) off duty. Even if I miss I'm sure it will scare the hell out of everyone

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sure. Lots of folks still have and shoot wheelgun .357's. I love mine. But, if I want a fireball I take out my .41 Magnum. Now that's a fireball!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes! Nothing beats a good quality double action 357 Mag revolver. It might not be hip for todays market but we never needed a magazine or trained to "shoot til the threat goes away" back in the day either.

poster_xjbwzku4fy.jpg

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I do. I carry a .357 revolver (S&W 360SC) off duty. Even if I miss I'm sure it will scare the hell out of everyone

:laugh: No doubt! My carry is a M&P340:laugh:

As to th OP- yes, plenty of 357 and revolver love here. I've put around 7k through a 625 this year and probably another 1k through a couple of others. Hunt with them, carry them, compete with them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If I am just out for a day at the range, practicing the craft of only shooting the 10 ring, I will usually take a revolver. Very accurate and satisfying to shoot. It functions fine with loads so weak that you can watch the bullet in flight, all the way up to fire ball and big bang producing magnum loads.

Since I am a reloader, it is also good to shoot a side arm that does not throw all your brass on the ground.

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I traded my double action in for a single action. I really like the .357 because I can stick .38's in there to get a new shooter warmed up for the .357 and .45 ACP. Kind of a bridge round between those two and the .22.

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah I love my GP100 it's fun at the range when most people are popping off their .38s, 9mm, .40s and .45s I like to pull out the .357 and let them know what a real gun sounds like :-)

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    My daily carry is either a .357 mag snub and/or a 9mm compact...If I had to choose, I'd go wheelgun. In an urban self-defense situation (close quarters, high stress), it is my opinion that a snub 357 revolver will prove both reliable and deadly. I know that I have 5 rounds of 125 gr jhp (plus 2 speedloaders) of .357 mag that will take care of a threat in due order... No jams due to limp-wristing or failure to fire because of dud primers (you are screwed in a defensive situation with a semi-auto if a primer does not work). All said and done, I trust my life to a good wheelgun, I carry a semi-auto 9mm as well.

Top Bottom