• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have a 358 bfg rifle( .358 wildcat round legal in Indiana for deer hunting). From your posts in the past I believe you have a similar rifle. I've been using it for the past two seasons with a luepold 3-9x40, with a regular duplex reticle.( I believe that's correct). I would like to upgrade my optics this year and with your testimonies if superior service and knowledge on this round I believe your the man to talk to. My budget is not tight but it's not unlimited either but I'll give I general list of what I'm looking for and maybe you'll have done suggestions.

1) clear enough glass for low light shots at 2-300 yards.
    2) some type of ballistic reticle, illuminated is a plus not a must
    3) variable illumination with a max of 14-16

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Joe

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I run the exact same caliber. I dont know what your budget is, but my rifle wears a Vortex PST 4-16 FFP. They run 899. The FFP part of that ups the price 200 bucks, so if your not wanting to spend that kind of money thats one place you can cut costs. Also if you want to get even lower budget, the Viper HS 4-16x50 has the exact same glass without illumination, etc.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I would love to have a PST, but that's not really in the budget. I'm trying to be under 500 bucks. In researching the viper hs is the one that seems to fit the bill. I did not know the biggest difference what no illumination.

Also I was wondering if you do trade ins on use optics? I won't really have a use for the luepold that sits on the rifle right now.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would love to have a PST, but that's not really in the budget. I'm trying to be under 500 bucks. In researching the viper hs is the one that seems to fit the bill. I did not know the biggest difference what no illumination.

Also I was wondering if you do trade ins on use optics? I won't really have a use for the luepold that sits on the rifle right now.

I do take trade in's, but I only accept things that will sell in a reasonable amount of time. A leupold woudl sit on my table for years, which means Ill have to move it hundreds of times, and its just not worth it.

The major diffrence in the HS line vs PST line is features like measuring reticle, illumination, turrets, zero stops, FFP, etc. If your wanting to stay under 500 dollars I would lean towards this option

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 4-16x44 Dead-Hold BDC

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Thanks again for all the help, you have lived up to your reputation and I can't wait to do business with you again.

Top Bottom