• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7157

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Waynetown
    Has anyone shot a 358 Hoosier built at M&S armament? Talked to one of the guys that work there yesterday. He said they are built on a savage axis donor. Mario was not in, going to call and get more info Monday. Just wondering about the trigger and how accurate they are.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was at Atterbury last fall and the guy in the slot beside me had one. It was amazing. It was very accurate at 100 yard. Had a report very similar to a .308 in my opinion. He had a single shot breech load.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Still waiting for someone to post *actual* chronograph data... claims appear suspect based on all the .358 Win reloading data I've seen. (i.e marketing BS or loading over SAAMI .358 Win pressure?)

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I built a .358 Hoosier and used it one year. I killed two does that dropped straight down at 20 yards and then a third (small buck) that was shot in the vitals, fell down, and then jumped up and took off running as I stood over it. That buck was never recovered. I sold it when I bought my DTA due to plans to play around with a .510 whisper for hunting.

I am still not sure if I liked it or not. It seems accurate though, I was holding MOA out to 150 yards with my Rem 700.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I...then a third (small buck) that was shot in the vitals, fell down, and then jumped up and took off running as I stood over it...

...I was holding MOA out to 150 yards with my Rem 700.

I am a duckhunter, not a deer hunter so please keep that in mind. Serious question: If the gun is a MOA shooter, why wouldn't one have just popped him in the head and painted the forest with grey matter? Wouldn't that have seriously negated the probability of him jumping up and sprinting away?

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    That makes sense. :laugh: I might try to bag one of dem furry bastards next season. I see 'em walking around my driveway across from my shop all the time. Think I might leave a slug barreled 12ga by the door this fall.

Top Bottom