• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got one at Menards on Black Friday a couple years ago for $399. Mines only 20" deep but otherwise dimensionally the same. One thing is for sure, there is no way in hell you can ever get as many guns in them as they claim. But still a great deal and a whole lot better than leaning them in the closet corner.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I'm not sure how long the sale is on the safe but it appears the 11% rebate will be extended through next week. Checked the back of the rebate for the dates and it has next Sunday as the end date.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Universal

.................... One thing is for sure, there is no way in hell you can ever get as many guns in them as they claim...........................

This is true of every gun safe. They will hold the advertised number of guns only if none of them are bolt guns and none of them have scopes. Otherwise, figure on about half the advertised capacity.

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Agreed. They all overstate the capacity.I'd like to see how they can honestly get that many in there at all, even minus the bolts, scopes etc.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just bought the last one at the local Menards. They did have the $100 rebate on top of the 11%, so that made buying the slightly beat up floor model well worth it (not that my kids aren't going to destroy/scratch up the bottom 24" of it anyway once it's mounted).

As far as capacity, I can see only getting 12 guns in there. Luckily I don't even have half that many.

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on the new purchase. I know I feel a ton better knowing my guns and other valuables are a little safer in the safe. For really important documents I put a small sentry fire safe inside of my gun/fire safe :rolleyes: I know sounds like overkill but some of that stuff is pretty damn important to me.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    For really important documents I put a small sentry fire safe inside of my gun/fire safe :rolleyes: I know sounds like overkill but some of that stuff is pretty damn important to me.

I already plan on doing that...

Now I just need to get this thing in the house. It's going to be sitting in the truck until tomorrow morning when I can get someone over here to help move it. :laugh:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I picked up one of those on Black Friday. It was a beast to get into the house... A two wheeled dolly helps. I would buy another if I need it... And I might soon.:):

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Moving the safe

It's fairly easy to move a safe once it's in the house. Use 3 pieces of 1" dowel rod cut to the dimension you will have on the down-side and you can just roll it along while moving the dowels as they come out from under the safe. Obviously, this assumes no stairs.

Of course a refrigerator dolly is easier.................:D

I'm not familiar with the safe in question but my largest safe has a door which can be lifted off the hinges when it is fully open. That reduced the weight a lot.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My problem seems to be trying to get it into a 24" closet. Any tips on this? lol
    My wife is not so fond of having a safe out in the open (ie living room, dining room, etc) :(

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Unfortunately mine will be out in the open...but that will make it easier to put it in place. I have access to a refrigerator dolly, so I'll go get it in the morning. I actually don't have to move the safe that far and the path from the truck to where I'm going to put it is all wide open except for the doorway.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Hahaha. I rented the appliances dolly from menards to use. Slid it right off the back of the truck into my kitchen (up about 3 feet so I back up to the door). Then I put it on the dolly and headed for the basement. It went fine the first 4 steps or so, but I was so bent over I lost balance, told my dad to get out of the way, held it alone just long enough and then lost it. Dad was out of the way and away it went. A couple dings in the unfinished stairs later and it was in the basement.

Ill be having movers take it out when the time comes.

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    Hope I'm not violating any forum rules (i'm in no way affiliated with menards) but thought I'd share the deal I saw at Menards.

Fire rated at 1200 for 45 minutes, on sale for 599-100 $ rebate- 60 $ rebate, brings it down to about 430 $.

0 percent for 6 months if you're waiting on tthat tax refund still.

Apparently these were orinally a black Friday door buster that went bust, made by stack on.

Thanks to 762minigun for mentioning it in the lock up your f'n guns thread! :rockwoot:

Good find!

OTD- $640.93 -$100 in store rebate - $65.89 in store rebate due to 11% off= $475.04.
    I like the idea of using their money for 6 months- 0% financing on purchase over $299.00.

Last edited:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i had someone check this deal for me as i'm not near a menards.

the deal is - reg price 599, store discount of 11%, + 100 mail in rebate.
    what killed it for me was the rebate, its ONLY for store credit.
    i don't ever go to menards, so its not worth it for me at all.

i'm not really in the market for a new safe but i'm always looking for deals.
    not a deal for me.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Congrats on the new purchase. I know I feel a ton better knowing my guns and other valuables are a little safer in the safe. For really important documents I put a small sentry fire safe inside of my gun/fire safe :rolleyes: I know sounds like overkill but some of that stuff is pretty damn important to me.

I don't think that's overkill at all ~Jeff~. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me....

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    My problem seems to be trying to get it into a 24" closet. Any tips on this? lol
    My wife is not so fond of having a safe out in the open (ie living room, dining room, etc) :(

RobbyMaQ your better off having the safe tucked away in a closet vs. out in the open for a security stand-point anyway. Sorry, I can't really give you any tips on how to get it into a 24" closet though. :D

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    i had someone check this deal for me as i'm not near a menards.

the deal is - reg price 599, store discount of 11%, + 100 mail in rebate.
    what killed it for me was the rebate, its ONLY for store credit.
    i don't ever go to menards, so its not worth it for me at all.

i'm not really in the market for a new safe but i'm always looking for deals.
    not a deal for me.

Yeah but menards even sells milk lol. You can use that credit for other stuff you'd normally buy easily

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Tempting or else I'll have to save up a bit more and not get some other things to get the fort knox I was hoping for. What gauge are these? 11?

Top Bottom