• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I own a Charter Arms Pink Lady. I also have a Glock 26, but it's a little thick for concealment sometimes. I think the .38 would be easier to conceal with smaller grips. Has anyone changed grips and been pleased? I'm kinda torn between keeping the .38 and possibly changing grips, looking at other .38s, but they all seem pretty close to the same size, or going with a smaller semi-auto for EDC. I like semi-auto, but i also like revolvers for their simplicity. i am not yet that comfortable with semi-auto to carry with one in the chamber.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My weekday EDC in a Smith 642 Ultralight, mainly due to the scrubs I wear to work. Having said that, since revolvers have a round cylinder, they tend to be thicker around the cylinder that a lot of small semi-auto's.

MillieBeast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Carrying a revolver or a glock 26, either way you should carry one in the chamber for edc purposes, now your gun and equipment and trust them

btw what is the difference between carrying a glock with one in the chamber and a revolver? both are double action

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My EDC is a Smith 640-1 with .38 hydra shokc and a bianchi stripper clip for spares. My wife carries a vintage 1960 flat-latch Smith m38. It may be my age but I feel more comfortable carrying a revolver. I have a small business and a CZ-75b stays within arms length most times but the Snubbie stays on me from "can see to can't see" (sunrise to sunset). My wife is not comfortable with an automatic so I make sure both of our carry guns are the same in case she needs to pick mine up. Even if she was however I would still carry that Smith as I have daily for the past six years. You may try to find a pair of the old Charter Arms wood factory grips for the undercover and rig a tyler T-grip. I do not much care for the new factory goodyears that Charter has on their new undercovers. It makes a small concealable weapon not so small or concealable IMHO.

629nodash024.jpg

Indy

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    btw what is the difference between carrying a glock with one in the chamber and a revolver? both are double action

Uh. Not exactly. No, Glock is striker fired while a revolver is not. Now if one carried their snubbie with the hammer cocked then the comparison would be at least close...People don't put a bullet in their groin when they stuff a revolver in their belt without a holster but carrying a holsterless Glock stuffed in your britches is a recipe for a career as a Eunuch in a Mel Brooks flick.

Indiucky

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love the snubbie as an alternate carry piece. My EDC is a G27 and I picked up a s&w 442 for the same reason, it is nice to have that option as well. Some days it is used as a BUG and on occasion it is the only one I have on me as it is very easy to carry. Good luck with the grips, I hope you can get a set that will work good for you.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Carrying a revolver or a glock 26, either way you should carry one in the chamber for edc purposes, now your gun and equipment and trust them

There is a difference, and i see somebody already replied to that. the other reason is just me. I'm more familiar with revolvers, and of the guns we've owned, the semi-autos have had more problems and been less dependable. I have seen lately that semi-autos can be a good choice, and i'm feeling more confident about my Glock. Mr. Glock is usually my bedside gun, and i carry him when it's not hard to conceal. After this past weekend of terrible and excessive eating and drinking (family visiting), no gun is going to fit comfortably IWB!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I do not much care for the new factory goodyears that Charter has on their new undercovers. It makes a small concealable weapon not so small or concealable IMHO.
    Indy
    Yeah, that is what i am talking about. The grip is what makes it hardest to conceal, unless i am standing perfectly straight and still. My shirt gets caught in the handgrip, or when i bend over or sit, it gets in the way. I'm sure the handgrip makes it better to shoot, but i don't spend hours practicing with it. I do practice with it a couple of times a month, but less than 50 rounds per outing.

629nodash024.jpg

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I just put a Desantis clip grip on my snubbie. It has a clip on the right side that can clip on to a belt. The grip is polymer, so it does not snag. You may also be able to use this with a holster, but with the clip, it could cause a conflict. You could modify the holster, or the grip.

I had to lightly sand the grip to round over some of the edges that were a little sharp where the grip did not fit 100%. Mine is an old J-frame S&W.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I just put a Desantis clip grip on my snubbie. It has a clip on the right side that can clip on to a belt. The grip is polymer, so it does not snag. You may also be able to use this with a holster, but with the clip, it could cause a conflict. You could modify the holster, or the grip.

I had to lightly sand the grip to round over some of the edges that were a little sharp where the grip did not fit 100%. Mine is an old J-frame S&W.

How do you like it? i saw something similiar to that online last night, same price. I think that might be useful also for the times i have it in my purse, i could possibly use the clip to make it easier to get to. I e-mailed Desanti to see if it would fit my Charter Arms. The one I saw last night will.
    Thanks

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    PM Sent
    I really like it. The grips add some more mass to the front of the grip area. The area below the inside of the grip and to the rear of the trigger guard is bigger than the stock grip.
    The stock grip was just smaller and conformed to the front strap (opposide side of the back strap???). I think the stock one looks more classic style, but is awfully small to hold on to. The new grip allows me to get a better firm/stable grip. Before I felt inclined to wiggle around to find the right grip with my strong hand. The new grip takes some of the guess work out of it. I have yet to shoot it, but I will next weekend if it does not rain.

The clip works really well and works great for inside the waist band. It is supprisingly comfortable.

It is not a perfect fit. The grip hangs over the back edge ever so slightly. The butt of the grip does not look 100% like it was made for it, but Desantis is making this for aftermarket, and it cannot be 100% spot on for all models. Mine is a circa 1950-1960s model. (I am not a historian, so do not hold me to that.) I did light sand these edges for comfort (not fit). I basically rounded the edges so they would feel better rather than try to shave off enough to make it 100% fit.

I am much happier with the grip. I would recommend it. I have not been shooting long, so take it from a fairly new shooter. I also wear medium sized gloves fairly snugly if that helps. I prefer the medium group on my M&P if that helps as well.

I would say the the grip looks similar to yours in the ring and middle finger notches, but is polymer, and not rubber.

Last edited:

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    How do you like it? i saw something similiar to that online last night, same price. I think that might be useful also for the times i have it in my purse, i could possibly use the clip to make it easier to get to. I e-mailed Desanti to see if it would fit my Charter Arms. The one I saw last night will.
    Thanks

The DeSantis Clip-Grip is great, but it is only made for the S&W J frame and will NOT fit on your Charter Arms. The one you were looking at on the net is likely a Barami Hip Grip, and they do have a model made for the Charter Arms. But they are not equal. The DeSantis has a "boot grip" profile which gives you a nice comfortable grip and is textured to provide a secure gripping surface. The Barami is slick and smooth and the same profile as the metal grip frame of your revolver. If you choose to use it, I would suggest attempting to locate a Tyler T-grip adaptor to use in conjunction with the Barami grip and covering the combination with a short section of bicycle inner tube or a similar rubber grip sleeve.

As for your Charter Arms Pink Lady revolver--does it have the standard rubber grips or the newer low-profile boot grips? I believe I have an extra set of the smaller Charter Arms grips laying around somewhere if you need them. Send me a PM if you are interested. :twocents:

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    You can order a smaller grip from Charter. Forget exactly what they call it. Something like compact combat. Check their website and you can find it under grips in their store online.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have recently picked up a smith 442, and love having the option to carry it over some of my other pistols. My EDC is usually a 1911 government, sometimes an officers model. My pocket gun for those times that I do not want to be made at all is an LCP, but the 442 is edging its way into that category as well. The grips as purchased were uncle mikes rubber, and for me, the LCP is only marginally easier to conceal, and not nearly as accurate for me.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have carried revolvers in every single way possible, IWB, OWB inside pockets and angle holsters. I carried Rugers, Smiths, Charter Arms and Colts, from 2in barrels to 6 in barrels. Nearly 30 years of carrying and I finally settled on a Kahr CW9. A small semi Auto is so much easier to conceal, I hardly even know it is there most of the time. Whatever you decide get the best belt/holster combo, a good setup goes a long way to being comfortable with your carry piece.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    The DeSantis Clip-Grip is great, but it is only made for the S&W J frame and will NOT fit on your Charter Arms. The one you were looking at on the net is likely a Barami Hip Grip, and they do have a model made for the Charter Arms. But they are not equal. The DeSantis has a "boot grip" profile which gives you a nice comfortable grip and is textured to provide a secure gripping surface. The Barami is slick and smooth and the same profile as the metal grip frame of your revolver. If you choose to use it, I would suggest attempting to locate a Tyler T-grip adaptor to use in conjunction with the Barami grip and covering the combination with a short section of bicycle inner tube or a similar rubber grip sleeve.

As for your Charter Arms Pink Lady revolver--does it have the standard rubber grips or the newer low-profile boot grips? I believe I have an extra set of the smaller Charter Arms grips laying around somewhere if you need them. Send me a PM if you are interested. :twocents:

Bummer- i was hoping the Barami was a lower profile too. I think my current grips are the old-style. My gun is in this pic.

picture.php

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Yup, those are the large grips. The new boot style grips are pictured here. (And yes, I do have an extra set with nothing to put them on if you are interested.)

The Barami's are low profile--so small, in fact, that they are difficult to hold onto. They need the texture and the added mass on the frontstrap that the DeSantis grip provides.

Last edited:

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I understand your trepidation about semi autos my wife is the same way. There are some very small 9mms. PM9, Solo, LC9 and more. We have a LCR and a PM9 and I have to give the Kahr credit for its concealability among other things.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I understand your trepidation about semi autos my wife is the same way. There are some very small 9mms. PM9, Solo, LC9 and more. We have a LCR and a PM9 and I have to give the Kahr credit for its concealability among other things.
    I looked at an LC9 and was tempted to buy it. I did read some less than favorable reviews though. It did conceal better than either gun i own right now.

Top Bottom