38 super pointed at my chest and trigger pulled.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If you dress like a gangsta and carry yourself like a thug...Congratulations, you have now blipped my radar and will be regarded as such until you prove yourself otherwise.
    In JetGirlLand, if you CHOOSE to look, act and speak like a thug, you undoubtedly have an I.Q. equivalent to the number of eyelets in your shoes and will be treated accordingly.
    Ignorance is to be pitied, but when you eschew any type of educational information that would be to your BENEFIT, you're a whole new level of stupid. There's a difference.
    The yoots in the OP came in "ignorant" and left "stupid".

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    As someone who owned and ran a retail store for many years I know you do have the right to refuse service and access to anyone. Make sure you have a sign stating as such that is no smaller than 6 by 6 inches and prominently displayed.
    I sincerely believed you handled it properly. I don't foresee any repercussions with your actions taken. However if you had reacted like some of the non-store owners here had suggested you would not only set yourself up for retaliation but a probable lawsuit for assault. While the idea of boxing a kids ears may seem acceptable actually doing so in todays society isn't allowed and is punishable by law.

TLDR; You did the right thing. :D

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i will send them out rigth at the spot, stupid people do not deserve atention and will be a hazard for you and others.

told them to take some safety classes then come back.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When you have a job dealing with the public, you are going to see a lot of ignorant and stupid behavior. As a gun dealer you will learn to size up folks pretty quickly. These kids weren't customers. You did pretty well. I hope that they weren't casing the place.

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Too harsh? Absolutely not! These wastes of human life come in to my local shops all the time. And we all do the same thing... Stop, assess the situation, and use as much body language and silent treatment to make them feel unwelcome.

Alot of people say that it's our right to have firearms here... But I think that's pretty vague. There are A LOT of people in this country (These idiots in the story, included) who have absolutely no right, whatsoever, owning a firearm!

Your shop, your rules! Kick those retards out, and keep them out!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm always surprised at how stupid people can be.
    When it comes to guns, you can never be surprised how misinformed, ignorant or just plain dumb people are in this day and age. Especially with today's youth and the video game culture. You know how poorly misrepresented the Glock is in a lot of games? We either see the full auto G18 or that one game with the G17. And the kids don't like Glocks solely because they are plastic. I can bet you if we see more Glocks in the games, the noobs would be rushing to stores asking about Glocks over FiveseveNs and Desert Eagles.

Black Star

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Well Done

If those two, or their homies ever returned, I would tell them to hook 'em on down the street. You don't need customers like that and those "customers" have no business in a gun store, period!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I met "Kimberly"

So, completely by accident, I visited the OP's shop, and got to hear the story again. And yes, I got to meet both the .38 and the "Kimberly."

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    If you dress like a gangsta and carry yourself like a thug...Congratulations, you have now blipped my radar and will be regarded as such until you prove yourself otherwise.
    In JetGirlLand, if you CHOOSE to look, act and speak like a thug, you undoubtedly have an I.Q. equivalent to the number of eyelets in your shoes and will be treated accordingly.
    Ignorance is to be pitied, but when you eschew any type of educational information that would be to your BENEFIT, you're a whole new level of stupid. There's a difference.
    The yoots in the OP came in "ignorant" and left "stupid".

LOL, post of the year Jetgirl!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Top Bottom