• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Phone books are not the limiting factor. Most of my pistols are 40. I have a 22, 44, 223 and 12GA, but other than the 44 I probably wont be testing the others. Who knows.

I mainly did this to see if the Critical Defense was anything spectacular. It has gotten a lot of hype since it came out and I was curious how it performed next to my old standby of Corbon.

...yeah, and who makes a standard phone book anyway??? I mean, I remember phone books from back home; they were so thin, I'd get no protection from them at all. A person would have to move to Chicago or Detroit or some other metropolitan place to really experience the safety and protection phone books offer!
    :D

Interesting tests & results, though. Thanks for posting! :yesway:

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Not very scientific but interesting results.

And finally Corbon made it into the cover of the second book (its up by the elephants top left)
    picture.php

Whoa whoa whoa msquared, hold it right there. Watch out for those elephants! You know those are an endagered species, don't you?

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm going to start carrying my phone with the yellowpages app open at all times... Alot easier than wearing a flak jacket with plates... Thanks!!!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Obviously, no one thinks like I do. My impression would be to stay away from the POS Corbon loads. Here's why.
    In a small pistol like the. 380 you want delivery of energy. You aren't punching huge holes in the object so you want as close to 100 percent delivery of the energy to the target. The Corbon passed through (obviously ) so it did not deliver all of its energy into the target.
    I would pick any of the other 3 that were found inside the phone book myself. Those rounds probably caused more damage (theoretically. )
    Of course if the bad guy has phone book armor and you know it ahead of time, pick the Corbon.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    A 380 is just like a 45. Both need longer cases and more powder to make it have the power it should. Somewhere around 2000fps would be great out of these two guns.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Technically they all delivered all their energy into the target (since the target was two books taped together). ONLY the corbon penetrated the farthest and expanded (if you can call it expansion). It even out penetrated the hardball!

In a small caliber such as 380, i want as much penetration as I can get.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    A 380 is just like a 45. Both need longer cases and more powder to make it have the power it should. Somewhere around 2000fps would be great out of these two guns.

Uh really? 2000fps out of a gun you can only hold onto with 2 fingers? NO THANK YOU! (not sure if you are joking or not)

Top Bottom