• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a walther ppks, love it. I did alot of looking into the Bersa and was ready to buy when I found a deal on the Walther that I couldn't pass. Couldn't go wrong with either.

blake2981

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenfield
    Of course the ruger lcp would be a great gun, just a little expensive for what it is. I would recommend a kel-tec .380 with a pocket clip. It is lightweight and fits in you pocket great. I had a clip for my that made it look like I just had a pocket knife. The only bad thing is that you should not use a hot round the gun is designed to blow apart if you use to hot of a round. Overall the best thing about the keltec is a new one is $310, but i can find used ones all day long for $250. The one thing I've always seen with a small .380 is they are barely used when someone decides to sell, so they are in like new condition.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Of course the ruger lcp would be a great gun, just a little expensive for what it is. I would recommend a kel-tec .380 with a pocket clip. It is lightweight and fits in you pocket great. I had a clip for my that made it look like I just had a pocket knife. The only bad thing is that you should not use a hot round the gun is designed to blow apart if you use to hot of a round. Overall the best thing about the keltec is a new one is $310, but i can find used ones all day long for $250. The one thing I've always seen with a small .380 is they are barely used when someone decides to sell, so they are in like new condition.

If a new Kel-Tec is $310 new...how is an LCP just a little expensive for what it is. They are $289...so I guess that would make the Kel-Tec just a little more expensive?

Anyways...beside that point both are great mouseguns. An expensive one would be the SIG P238 or a Micro Desert Eagle.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    My Kel-Tec P3AT has been one of the nicest surprises I've had in a handgun lately. Not that I don't have some nice handguns, I was just expecting some break in problems. It has run flawless through 100 Hornady and 300 +p reloads.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Interesting....Keltec "doesn't recommend +P" for the p3at....especially continuous use.

You know I've heard that several times, but that's not what the book says. It says:
    The P-3AT will accept +P ammunition, however not with continuous use. (like many other guns)
    Only use commercially manufactured ammunition, clean, dry, and in good condition. (That includes +P)

The only thing I use it for now is CC, but I won't carry anything that I haven't run a few hundred rounds down the tube. It's not a plinker! :ar15:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    As several people have said, Bersa makes excellent .380 carry pistols. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 (almost) daily, and I really like it. Nice guns, inexpensive, reliable, and a good compromise on size, IMO.

I got one in all black and put wooden grips on it as well, so mine's functional AND pretty.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    My Bersa Thunder 380, has been a flawless performer. Accurate, fires a wide variety of ammo with no problems. I would stay away from any
    Bersa 380's that were made in 2008. Some got through with problems, that required them to be sent in for repair. I never heard of
    anyone, that was unsatisfied with the repairs.
    All in all, a great gun.

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have owned a AMT .380 Backup for 27 years now (bought it new) and it has held up very well, fit and finish is great, never any problems and flawless performance ( for a small gun). They are hard to come by these days, but are selling for more used than when new. Like one of the other guys had mentioned, I only carry it when dress clothes or similar situations warrant it. With the ammo for them being so redicluas these days, I am not sure I would even buy one now. There are some nice examples out there and they seem to want big monies for em too. Good luck.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have shot a Bersa 380 and liked it very much. The fit was great and it worked flawlessly. Great gun for a great price. If the ammo wasn't so hard to get in my area I'd get one. I had a Kel Tec for awhile and although it's a great pocket gun, I absolutely disliked shooting it and away it went.

samskxtreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have carried a bersa 380 for the last 4 years. I love the gun. Perfect size, great feel in my hand and shoots without jams with any ammo.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Bersa 380

+1 on the Bersa, I had one for about 8 years that never jammed once. They are great guns and I wish I had it back, but that guy I sold it too is way to smart to let it go!

Todd

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Damn. That pretty rough for a .380. I read a review on them in "Combat Handgun" magazine and it really caught my eye....Well I guess I better start saving cause once it caught my eye, it became next on my collection list =]

Top Bottom