• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    don't have this problem with a .45. Just sayin'.... lol

You say that but I've seen a number of 40s fired in 45s.. No shortage of stupid. :)
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Crispy somewhat sums it up. That, and I doubt Bubba had 9mmM in his ammo cabinet. I very seriously doubt he understands why it can be a bad idea to swap rounds.

As long as he's not running Mak in a .380, which would be hard to do, the worst that can happen is that it won't cycle. Unlikely to blow up his hand.

The big question is, did you offer to buy this R61 from him? It would be a cool little pistol to have.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That, along with his general bearing, use of language, [Don't get me wrong, I've got a mouth like a sewer, but I do attempt to display some discretion, and Bubba did not know me.] and the Phillips head machine screw and hex nut holding the grips on convinced me to pass on it.
    Did he use any JB Weld? :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    When I want to do malfunction drill.
    I throw some 380s into a box of 9mm.
    I do not look as I load the mag.
    When the 380 is fired. My 9mm malfunctions and I have to do a clear and reload.
    I never had a other problems with using 380s.
    yes i know i will have a malfunction. I just do not know when and that helps me be ready for an unexpected malfunction.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have one firearm that uses 9mm Largo and 38 Super. My Astra 400 (made in Spain) has stamped on the barrel 9mm/38. After purchasing some 9mm Largo (surplus) and carefully measuring the cartridge with micrometers and accurate calipers, I determined the dimensions of the brass was withing .001 in all dimensions of the 38 Super brass. I then measured the velocity of the 9mm Largo using my Chronograph and found the Largo was identical with the loading data of the Super. So we started using 38 Super in the gun. Works very well with no feed / eject issues and shows no high pressure signs. Seems to be more accurate with the Super, as it should be as the 38 bullet is .357 dia VS .355 for the 9mm. It is also a lot easier to find 38 super brass than 9 mm Largo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have one firearm that uses 9mm Largo and 38 Super. My Astra 400 (made in Spain) has stamped on the barrel 9mm/38. After purchasing some 9mm Largo (surplus) and carefully measuring the cartridge with micrometers and accurate calipers, I determined the dimensions of the brass was withing .001 in all dimensions of the 38 Super brass. I then measured the velocity of the 9mm Largo using my Chronograph and found the Largo was identical with the loading data of the Super. So we started using 38 Super in the gun. Works very well with no feed / eject issues and shows no high pressure signs. Seems to be more accurate with the Super, as it should be as the 38 bullet is .357 dia VS .355 for the 9mm. It is also a lot easier to find 38 super brass than 9 mm Largo.

Starline makes Largo brass. I bought 500 pieces from them for my Astra, Llama Extra and Spanish Destroyer rifle. You can actually use 9mm Luger dies and load data to load 9mm Largo (just use the Largo OAL). The 9mm Luger is a higher pressure round, so the additional length of the Largo drops the pressure down to safe levels for the Largo. I'm surprised you're using 38 Super, since I thought that was a higher pressure round too. I do know that using 9x23 Win. is a no-no.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've seen PA61's advertised on Gunbroker as .380s, but this specimen clearly stated 9mmM. To me that says 9x18 Makarov. No...

I guess with a page and a half of people ignoring the "M" in 9mmM and referring to 9mm Luger as if that's what was at issue, we shouldn't be too surprised that a guy would try 9mmK in a 9x18.

Top Bottom