• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Most gun owners can not "feed" the guns that they have. you go full auto, say at 850 rounds per minute, and the expense goes right thru the roof. Back when you could get .50 cal rounds for a dollar, few had the money to burn as that gun would have cost over $900 per minute to shoot. Even when you could have bought .223 or .308 at 15 cents per round, it was expensive to shoot full auto. Full auto is a rich man's hobby.

As for suppressors or short barreled guns, that is a different story. Many would buy them if they were class II weapons rather than class III (NFA). But again one could have, until recently, bought most long guns very inexpensively thus small demand for the NFA guns.

And how many gun owners main focus is hunting? There is some demand for short barreled weapons and suppressors but most are satisfied with what is available.

I'd still like to see a source on your 1% claim.

For reference, I started a poll just to see what INGO'ers would say to the prospect of fully auto with no price or paperwork penalty. As of this post, over 90% have said they would be interested in full auto with those facts.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ully_automatic_if_the_price_was_the_same.html

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I would love to be able to brew up my own low-yield explosives capable of being used in a firearm cartridge. Got any resources where I can learn the chemistry of same, the chemistry of which you speak?

How about some that can be electricly detonated so as the trigger mechanism might be replaced by an electric circuit and obviate the need for primers as well?

How about a car engine; combustion ignited by a sparkplug (repeat for full auto).

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about a car engine; combustion ignited by a sparkplug (repeat for full auto).
    Fuel reservoir, fuel injector, air injector, fuel pump/pressurization, fuel lines, spark plug, magneto, spark plug wire, battery, and we haven't even gotten to the firearm-specific subsystems yet. How will the bullets be stored? How will the bullets be transferred into the breach? How will the breach be sealed for firing? Will the injection process advance the bullet down the barrel prior to ignition?

When I'm thoroughly bored, I might try tackling the engineering required for such a firearm.

vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    for 3D printer, i am sure you can print out. lower frame for rifle and hand gun. magazines, handguard, buttstock, hand grip, maybe a gun case out of 3d printer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom