• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    IMPD: 4 Indy CVS stores robbed - TheIndyChannel.com

This is certainly an interesting situation to think about. Are you willing to engage 4 armed robbers with your EDC? Would you just keep quiet and hope they don't start shooting? The article doesn't mention it, but apparently one robber was armed with an UZI, and the other 3 had handguns.

Props to IMPD for making 2 arrests already, and hopefully they find the other 2.

If only someone had been OCing at the CVS, this all could have been avoided... :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Very few of the pharmacy robbers are displaying a weapon. The ones that do are amateurs. The note passers are professionals, in the sense they are doing it as an occupation. I'm off today, but suppose it'll be busy in the office when I get back in tomorrow.

MacAttack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2015
    Under your bed
    IMPD: 4 Indy CVS stores robbed - TheIndyChannel.com

This is certainly an interesting situation to think about. Are you willing to engage 4 armed robbers with your EDC? Would you just keep quiet and hope they don't start shooting? The article doesn't mention it, but apparently one robber was armed with an UZI, and the other 3 had handguns.

Props to IMPD for making 2 arrests already, and hopefully they find the other 2.

If only someone had been OCing at the CVS, this all could have been avoided... :D

If we're talking 4 on 1? Not even close to pulling my weapon. I'm outgunned and outnumbered. I'm getting to cover or out the front door and being a good witness. Part of my situational awareness is knowing what hills I choose to die on, and 4 on 1 isn't it.

MacAttack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2015
    Under your bed
    The note passers are professionals, in the sense they are doing it as an occupation.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but a few years ago the Kroger pharmacy at County Line and Emerson got robbed. I've seen that surveillance video, and the person passed a notes stating that they were armed and would kill everyone in the pharmacy if they didn't get exactly what they wanted or if they made any kind of scene. This happened with a co-manager less than 10 feet a way. Naturally, they got what they wanted and calmly walked out.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Wow. My bad. The article is old, but the info I gave is new. Copycats, maybe?

Our department was notified that IMPD had several robberies sunday night around 2200, involving 5-6 individuals, at least 4 of which were armed with the weapons I mentioned above.

I just googled and grabbed the first similar-looking article and posted. Let me see if I can find an article to back me up...

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BBI, what are the odds this "UZI" is real vs pellet or airsoft that has had some black paint applied to the "safety orange" parts?

Are these little punks actually getting their hands on heavier gear than the traditional hi points, nelsons, and glocks?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, what are the odds this "UZI" is real vs pellet or airsoft that has had some black paint applied to the "safety orange" parts?

Are these little punks actually getting their hands on heavier gear than the traditional hi points, nelsons, and glocks?

Generally it's a toy, airsoft replica, or on the outside a cheap-o POS Tec-9 sort of thing. Semi-auto, often rimfire, chosen because it looks cool. I've yet to see a confirmed full auto used in a crime, and only had one unconfirmed report of a suppressor being used (witnesses stated the guy screwed something on the end of the gun prior to firing).

Top Bottom